Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good now! I had been trying to disable the nvidia web driver, but hadn't tried uninstalling it. Uninstalled it from the nvidia driver manager control panel, rebooted, ran the high sierra supplemental update, updated successfully, installed the updated nvidia web driver, and am back to 100% functional. Thanks!!
yes this worked for me Thanks gsruff

After I've updated successfully I wonder about two things:

First: I must not recover sound by running the clover ALC script. It seems the sound hasn't been touched by the supplementary update. After the update it works oob.
Second: In system properties it says "MacOS High Sierra, Version 10.13". The version "17A405" isn't displayed.

Allthough it tells me in the update history, that the supplementary update was installed successfully. I run the German version of macOS 10.13.

How did you do this exactly? There is no option for this in Clover 4222.

Also,

I don't have these in my clover as well.
Enabling and disabling SIP may have a desirable outcome when installing the web drivers but probably not for the reason you think. In other words, unless there's a major bug in the 10.13 SIP implementation, it doesn't need to be turned on for anything to work that won't work with SIP disabled, rather the contents of your kernel cache might change depending on those settings.

Note that re-enabling SIP after a 'successful' install won't trigger an immediate rebuild of the kernel cache, though installing kexts after installing the web drivers will.

Allowing unsigned kexts and disabling secure kernel-extension loading (SKL, the user-approved kext loading bit in SIP) works as expected, all kexts are loadable, and no gate-keeper popup for newly installed ones.

The Nvidia installer checks SIP overall status and specifically if unsigned kexts are being allowed (with csrutil and grep) and may produce a warning popup. If you press cancel the installer quits, and otherwise it makes no difference whatsoever.

To fully disable SIP including SKL you can use 0x2EF or set the bits how you like individually in Clover to get the value you want. If you have problems after installing the web driver, pay attention to any non-Apple kexts you have installed, update with 10.13 compatible versions where they exist and remove possibly incompatible extensions.

Had to switch to a low res monitor and DVI to install it because wouldn't run on my 4K monitor, which would just go in to sleep mode.

Had to reinstall audio as well, otherwise fine .... oh and remain patient

Oh god, this update went terribly wrong, I updated directly from the app store, and that's it, it won't boot anymore.
it gets to the step after clover and then reboots every single time.
I'm booted from the external backup drive with 10.12 now.

Can anybody please tell me what do I do now?
I cant clone the backup drive because carbon copy cloner says I need to reformat the SSD back into HFS.
and I'm not so sure what exactly do I need to format it seems kinda messy here.

Why do i have AppleAPFSMedia directory and also the physical SSD directory? this doesn't make any sense.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 1.13.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 1.23.59 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 1.13.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 1.13.06 PM.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Oh god, this update went terribly wrong, I updated directly from the app store, and that's it, it won't boot anymore.
it gets to the step after clover and then reboots every single time.
I'm booted from the external backup drive with 10.12 now.

Can anybody please tell me what do I do now?
I cant clone the backup drive because carbon copy cloner says I need to reformat the SSD back into HFS.
and I'm not so sure what exactly do I need to format it seems kinda messy here.

View attachment 283833
View attachment 283834
View attachment 283836

Probably you haven't updated CCC to the new apfs compatible version 5.0.
I've paid 30€ therefore. This was a good investment, because after I was getting stuck in a boot loop with the supplementary update I was able to restore my backup with CCC.

I have tried every suggestion in this thread. Nothing works. I even took my video card out. Would love if someone could post the .kext files for the .114 release if that would even work. My backup failed which is why i'm asking.

Download Pacifist.app then Download the macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update from Page 1 to your desktop.
Drag the Supplemental Update on to Pacifist app it will then open up the contents. You can then view and copy/install kexts.

apfs.efi is changed from 748.1.46 to 748.1.47. Here is the new file.

How do you find the version numbers for apfs.efi? I think I remember someone pointed out that it is available somewhere in the MacOS installer file?

Probably you haven't updated CCC to the new apfs compatible version 5.0.
I've paid 30€ therefore. This was a good investment, because after I was getting stuck in a boot loop with the supplementary update I was able to restore my backup with CCC.

I am using the 5.0.2 but my backup is for 10.12 which uses HFS, and my SSD is APFS.
Anyway, the problem was the name "SSD", I guess its too short, I named it "Macintosh SSD" and it erased it successfully.
I will clone the backup and then come back here for some advice on how to install that supplemental update again.

Note that re-enabling SIP after a 'successful' install won't trigger an immediate rebuild of the kernel cache, though installing kexts after installing the web drivers will.
Thanks for your reply.
Does re-running the audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3 command after installing the Nvidia drivers rebuild the kernel cache?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back