i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

this is an issue from the begining, but after updating to 10.14.5 this issue occurs more often, sometimes 3/4 times per day.

Sometimes my mac hang out with artefacts behind cursor. It happens anytime, even when I am not at computer at night.

It looks like photo in the attachment but with more colored lines.

I found nothing suspicious in system log at the time of the freeze (11:42 manual reboot) and I found that Unknown key... is normal message.

Code:
Jun 19 11:19:02 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Jun 19 11:20:22 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Jun 19 11:20:56 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Jun 19 11:21:37 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Jun 19 11:22:25 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Jun 19 11:23:10 --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Jun 19 11:24:46 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Jun 19 11:26:50 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.mdworker.shared.0A000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000[50614]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Jun 19 11:27:56 Hackintosh syslogd[40]: ASL Sender Statistics
Jun 19 11:28:48 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Jun 19 11:29:56 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Jun 19 11:35:02 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.quicklook[50959]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook
Jun 19 11:35:10 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Jun 19 11:36:55 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Jun 19 11:37:35 --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Jun 19 11:38:06 Hackintosh syslogd[40]: ASL Sender Statistics
Jun 19 11:39:11 Hackintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Jun 19 11:42:44 Hackintosh logd[63]: Power button HID event - flushing proactively
Jun 19 11:43:32 localhost bootlog[0]: BOOT_TIME 1560937412 0

I have tried it with two different RX580 from two manufacturers. Card wasn't overheating and I am not really sure if this is a graphics related problem, so I posted it into General.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Attachments

• iKrgj.jpg
    iKrgj.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot 2019-06-19 12.00.52.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-19 12.00.52.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 108
  • debug_23113.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Something new happend today, I got no display output. After reboot and few minutes of work I got this cursor and needed to reboot again. Updated debug dump in attachment.

I wasn't doing anything graphics demanding, just editing text in text editor (Atom).

Attachments

• debug_30703.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot 2019-06-19 14.08.37.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-19 14.08.37.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
@SmallPooP I had over 500k files in Dropbox and after removing them out, system is more stable. I don't know what caused the crashes, if it was stress to SSD or CPU (Dropbox was almost nonstop consuming 70-130% CPU and continuous checking of files wrote 10gb/hr to drive + some gbs of read). Maybe it'll help you :)

I have this same issue with my Sapphire RX 580 Pulse. I’ve tried so many things.

Different RX 580 still freezes, same as you with the mouse moveable, and then a square appears, sometimes colored. When it freezes you can still hear sound and interact with the mouse, and you can even SSH, and use the computer but the graphics card has effectively crashed. If you check the logs, sometimes you’ll see the OS attempting to restart the GPU and get it going again.

I’ve tried iMacPro1,1, iMac18,3, and iMac19,1 on Mojave versions 10.14.1-6. I’ve also tried iMac18,1 which works but of course that doesn’t use a dGPU so it won’t have the same problem.

My EFI is very simple too, no special graphics configuration except that I have set GFX0 -> iGPU for iMac18,3 and iMac19,1 purposes. Turning that off does nothing to help the situation. I am using the latest Lilu and WEG kexts.

I also have Ubuntu and Windows installed and they run fine. Sometimes this issue happens 15 mins after booting the computer, sometimes it doesn’t happen for a week. It is entirely unreliable and I have found no way to reproduce the issue. Transcoding HEVC video, FCPX, Photos, etc don’t cause anything bad to happen. In fact the problems seem to happen more often when the system is not under load than when it is under significant load. Stress tests and benchmarks lead nowhere and look fine.

I’d think it was the GPU if it wasn’t for the other operating systems confirming it is certainly not. 19,1 has the best support for my i9 processor so it is a shame I can’t get this stable using the recommended RX 580 GPU.

If anyone has any ideas I can provide more information. I’ve been searching for a solution to this problem for 6 months now.

I had the exact same issue with my Sapphire RX580 Pulse. I also struggled with this issue and could not resolve it. I even experienced it under Windows (freeze + loud noise), though. Eventually I solved it by updating my cards firmware ("vbios"). Even though it was a recent card it had a vbios with an oldcompile date.

You can upload yours with GPU-Z from Windows in order to get a list of compatible firmwares.

That said, I recently upgraded to an Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+. And what can I say: The error is back. I should have learned my lesson and stay the **** away from Sapphire. Unfortnatly there are no newer firmwares as of right now. Maybe they port the fix soon.

See here for your pulse:

After updating to the 2018 released vbios my issue was resolved.

Last edited:
I had the exact same issue with my Sapphire RX580 Pulse. I also struggled with this issue and could not resolve it. I even experienced it under Windows (freeze + loud noise), though. Eventually I solved it by updating my cards firmware ("vbios"). Even though it was a recent card it had a vbios with an oldcompile date.

You can upload yours with GPU-Z from Windows in order to get a list of compatible firmwares.

That said, I recently upgraded to an Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+. And what can I say: The error is back. I should have learned my lesson and stay the **** away from Sapphire. Unfortnatly there are no newer firmwares as of right now. Maybe they port the fix soon.

See here for your pulse:

After updating to the 2018 released vbios my issue was resolved.
I have updated the VBIOS already with suggestion from someone here which bios to use ..
still the same problem.
so which card is ok to buy ?

I cannot say for sure because the error is not reproducible but I did not see the since disabling all PCIE related power saving features in my bios:
IMG_4071.jpeg

Maybe you can check whether you have similar settings you can disable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back