Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina working perfectly UNTIL inserting 5700 XT GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my boot arguments, the last entry is what made the difference:

dart=1 debug=0x100 -disablegfxfirmware agdpmod=pikera

Also be sure to update the WEG and Lilu Kexts.
Thanks for the tip, I will try to modify the boot arguments in the hope that I will be able to install my RX 580 otherwise I will be forced to reinstall my old mojave which works fine with this video card.
I attach to my config.plist since there are much more competent people in this forum than me, if anyone can take a look to see if there is any wrong setting.
Thank you
Your config.plist is full of a bunch of stuff that is remarked out but it also has a bunch of ATI specific stuff I think could be part if not all of the problem. I never needed any of this specific stuff in my config.plsit with either a 570 or 580 card. For me it was as simple as having the DGPU setting in the bios enabled as primary and then the latest version of WEG installed. Here are the entries I question and would also remark out.

ATI ID.png

EDID Settings.png

Thanks Leesureone for your suggestion, as you explained you understand that you are an expert in hackintosh, but I repeat to you that I am at first experience with this hackintosh world, I own a macbookAir that I needed to create the USB installation of mojave using the unibeast + multibeast method, which even a beginner like me managed to complete without any particular problems since controlling the hardware was all compatible but otherwise it is very complicated for me to tweak with the settings.
if you could explain in detail what to do taking into account my config.plist I am grateful to you since this hackintosh construction was born out of curiosity by reading this beautiful forum.
Thank you

Thanks Leesureone for your suggestion, as you explained you understand that you are an expert in hackintosh, but I repeat to you that I am at first experience with this hackintosh world, I own a macbookAir that I needed to create the USB installation of mojave using the unibeast + multibeast method, which even a beginner like me managed to complete without any particular problems since controlling the hardware was all compatible but otherwise it is very complicated for me to tweak with the settings.
if you could explain in detail what to do taking into account my config.plist I am grateful to you since this hackintosh construction was born out of curiosity by reading this beautiful forum.
Thank you
In looking more at your config.plist which has way too many issues I would start all over and maybe just follow this guide here, almost the same configuration as yours and there is a nice guide to follow.

Thanks Leesureone I will definitely follow your advice now I have to go to work, tomorrow I will follow the guide you have suggested to me and I will let you know.
Thanks for your availability and best wishes for a happy new year.

Thanks man! Agdpmod=pikera worked for me!

I upgraded from a RX580 to the RX 5700 XT (580 died), before you shutdown Catalina and install new GPU and reboot make sure of the following.

the following kexts are in E/C/k/O
Lilu.kext version 1.4.0
WhateverGreen.kext version 1.3.5

Boot args
agdpmod=pikera. (note, you can go to option in Clover and add it there if you forget, then add it permanently.)

Graphics section in config.plist should have nothing. all blank.

SMBIOS is iMac 17,1 or newer

most issues I have seen are form syntax errors

Hi Guys,

I had a perfectly stable IGPU setup with 10.15.2 and decided to go for the ASUS ROG strix that matches my Z390 ROG gaming F board. I added boot arg agdpmod=pikera and change SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1.

I can easily boot into the system and all seems fine. However I get random freezes/crashes. Sometimes mouse can move sometimes screen is black. Sometimes it freezes with cursor artifact and crackling sound.

I have no idea how to get it stable. Its perfectly stable on my Windows SSD..

Any Ideas? Have uploaded EFI if someone is willing to take a look :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.2 MB · Views: 102
Hi Guys,

I had a perfectly stable IGPU setup with 10.15.2 and decided to go for the ASUS ROG strix that matches my Z390 ROG gaming F board. I added boot arg agdpmod=pikera and change SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1.

I can easily boot into the system and all seems fine. However I get random freezes/crashes. Sometimes mouse can move sometimes screen is black. Sometimes it freezes with cursor artifact and crackling sound.

I have no idea how to get it stable. Its perfectly stable on my Windows SSD..

Any Ideas? Have uploaded EFI if someone is willing to take a look :)
Are IGPU graphics disabled? Try that or enable them and use iMac 19.1 symbios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back