Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina to be Available this October

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this will be the first time I do not immediately update. Beside the iPad screen stuff I see no need to update.
I concur.
Regards

Henties

Catalina beta 10 feedback.
We, or perhaps only me, are now "wrestling or whatever" with Catalina beta 10." From my side there was no problem upgrading from beta 9 to beta 10. All basic Mojave functions that I use on a daily basis in Mojave, work fine in Catalina beta 10.
Nevertheless Catalina is as yet not matching the performance I register with Mojave when performance testing with "Geekbench", It could well be that the debug code, still embedded in the Catalina beta 10 release, slows matters down. Therefore I assume that Catalina beta 10 will soon be superseded by another beta incarnation with speed optimized code before a GM/final release.
To substantiate my claims I can confirm that with my X-Plane 11 installation, tuned for optimised settings in Mojave I get approximately 28/33 fps when flying the worlds major airports such as KJFK (New York), EGLL (Heathrow Landon) or EDDF (Frankfurt), which drops down to 17/18 fps when using Catalina beta 10 on the same airports and with the same settings. For the time being I believe that to be quite a considerable and unacceptable knock, therefore a lot of things still have to happen before I will even contemplate of one day embracing Catalina.

Greetings

Henties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back