Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 2.47.10 PM.png
Just saw this up on the Apple site under the macOS Catalina preview- I don't know if it's been reported yet or just went up after today's Apple Event. It says macOS Catalina will be Available in October.

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 2.47.06 PM.png
Source:

Last edited:
Not surprising. All recent macOS upgrades are available in October.

Not surprising. All recent macOS upgrades are available in October.

macOS 10.14 Mojave was released on September 24, 2018
macOS 10.13 High Sierra was released to the public on September 25, 2017
macOS 10.12 Sierra was released to the public on September 20, 2016
OS X 10.11 El Capitan was released on September 30, 2015
OS X 10.10 Yosemite was released on October 16, 2014

macOS 10.14 Mojave was released on September 24, 2018
macOS 10.13 High Sierra was released to the public on September 25, 2017
macOS 10.12 Sierra was released to the public on September 20, 2016
OS X 10.11 El Capitan was released on September 30, 2015
OS X 10.10 Yosemite was released on October 16, 2014
Well ..... *technically*

Yeah I know, I really should leave the humour to the professionals.

From Apple.CA "this fall", so pretty much anytime between Sep 21 and Dec 21.

1568182507377.png

For the last 4 straight years Apple had released the new version of macOS in September.
The last time it wasn't release in September. It was in 2014 when Apple released Yosemite on October.

I guess Apple gave priority to iPhones and watches because they had an event yesterday. Supposedly, Apple has another event in October. Maybe they will launch some new Mac models, then they will release Catalina a few days later after that event.

So Apple launched or announced the new iPhones yesterday then iOS 13 will be released on September 19. Now after launching the iPhone and finishing iOS 13, Apple will have sometime to work on macOS Catalina. We all know macOS is at the bottom of the priority list.

This will be the first time that I will not move to the new macOS system, and I started on 10.4 Tiger. I will stay on Mojave, and, who knows, maybe I migrate to crappy Windows. I honestly don't care about Catalina. I'm very upset with Apple.

Please don't ask my why.

cough, cough
Nvidia

Last edited:
For the last 4 straight years Apple had released the new version of macOS in September.
The last time it wasn't release in September. It was in 2014 when Apple released Yosemite on October.

I guess Apple gave priority to iPhones and watches because they had an event yesterday. Supposedly, Apple has another event in October. Maybe they will launch some new Mac models, then they will release Catalina a few days later after that event.

So Apple launched or announced the new iPhones yesterday then iOS 13 will be released on September 19. Now after launching the iPhone and finishing iOS 13, Apple will have sometime to work on macOS Catalina. We all know macOS is at the bottom of the priority list.

This will be the first time that I will not move to the new macOS system, and I started on 10.4 Tiger. I will stay on Mojave, and, who knows, maybe I migrate to crappy Windows. I honestly don't care about Catalina. I'm very upset with Apple.

Please don't ask my why.

cough, cough
Nvidia
And iPadOS on September 30.

@Gogeta-Blue - and all:
We know the OSX / macOS landscape is beginning to change with Catalina. There are new bonuses, sure, but also concerns for security and kexts that can only make our ambitions harder. Having said that, whatever we get has to be better than Windows or Linux :)

@ALL,

I don't see myself updating to Catalina anytime soon, I still use some OpenGL and 32 Bit Apps daily so for me Catalina would be a step backwards, also I really don't need any of the new features which are mostly gimmicks IMO.

Of course it would be nice to say good-buy to iTunes which is a bloated pile of S!*t but that on it's own is not worth the loss of OpenGL and 32Bit App support to me. I'll probably install it on a bootable external drive so I can keep up with developments and still offer support on it, but as a daily driver no thanks ...

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back