Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Elite
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just reviewed this notification and found there is no thread for it. This was dropped December 13th by Apple.

Apple's About the security update:https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212981

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 7.21.26 AM.png

I will install this after the 25th due to time constraints, but I thought I would start the thread. I did check Apple's about page and it is all security updates but covers a wide range of areas.

Hi,

I've tried updating using system preferences and SecUpd2021-008CatalinaManual.dmg.

It fails, can someone help me please?
Using this smbios iMac13,2
i7-3770, GA-B75M-D3H, integrated graphics

any clue please on how to make this update work for me
installerdiagwatcher[224]: ------- Install Failed -------
installerdiagwatcher[224]: Operation: OSIUpdateFirmwareElement crashed, Failure Reason: unfinished install
installerdiagwatcher[224]: This was an attempted software update install from 19H1419 to 19H1615

Last edited:
Hi,

I've tried updating using system preferences and SecUpd2021-008CatalinaManual.dmg.

It fails, can someone help me please?
Using this smbios iMac13,2
i7-3770, GA-B75M-D3H, integrated graphics

any clue please on how to make this update work for me

OK, found the solution on the forum: after starting the update, on the first reboot I let it boot from the selected "Prebooter from Preboot", on the the second reboot I chose "... Install from ... - Data" and then it quickstarts the update with the progress bar and time remaining, on the third reboot when the update is complete I had to choose the OS partition and it is all good now.

I have just completed installing this update. Everything I've tested has worked without issue. Update completed without issues. Took 10 minutes (from -009 security update) and 2 reboots. Had a very long pause at the start with no apparent progress, but was completely hands-off. Using Opencore 0.7.0 with kexts from mid-June of 2021 and machine in signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back