Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update for with macOs Catalina beta, Everything works perfectly, only a few apps are still not compatible, especially the drivers for Wacom tablet, very important to me (only available in August).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 10.52.10.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 10.52.10.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 10.59.17.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 10.59.17.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 10.59.37.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 10.59.37.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 158
Quick question. If I have Mojave installed on an NVMe and everything works beautifully and lovely. And Clover Boot Manager is installed on a separate HDD, do I need to create a UniBeast installer for Catalina?. Because Technically the very clever Clover is installed on a separate drive and its that drive that boots the NVMe which is just Mojave. So can I just click 'Continue' on the the Install macOS Catalina Beta.... Lets find out!.

Quick question. If I have Mojave installed on an NVMe and everything works beautifully and lovely. And Clover Boot Manager is installed on a separate HDD, do I need to create a UniBeast installer for Catalina?. Because Technically the very clever Clover is installed on a separate drive and its that drive that boots the NVMe which is just Mojave. So can I just click 'Continue' on the the Install macOS Catalina Beta.... Lets find out!.

I had no problems, I chose the SSD to update.

1- I have Mojave and EFI for Mojave in NVMe,
2- Clone from NVMe to an SSD with Carbon Copy
3- copy the EFI folder from NVMe to the SSD with Clover Configurator
3- Catalina update on this SSD

So I continue for now with Mojave is more stable in NVMe
and I'm setting up and testing Catalina on SSD, for that I choose which disk to boot.

I have Mojave running without web drivers for NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2 GB. I am assuming I don't need web drivers but is there a native support? I'm struggling to find what's supported and what's not so far.
Most Kepler cards from 650 to 780 are natively supported on Mojave and Catalina but of course no CUDA support

Hey all. I just installed the Catalina Public Beta on my HP 8300 SFF with intel i7, 16GB and Nvidia GT 710.

All seems to be working so far including Bluetooth and HDMI audio. The only thing I did before installing was to update clover and on the kext installer section I downloaded the AppleALC and Lilu kexts.

I am experiencing slower performance but that's to be expected I guess. Also, messages works but not to send to those green bubble people :D

After an in depth investigation as to what the "promised new features" of Catalina bring to the table for me I conclude that nothing of the Catalina new stuff will enhance my workflow one iota. The new security restrictions, as they pertain to my environment will surely eventually prove to be a pain, something I do not need in my environment, they are consequently unwanted. Presently I am running Mojave 10.14.5, on both of my hacks as per my signature, and that without any problems whatsoever. Catalina is therefore not important and neither relevant for my computing environment. I wish to continue to indulge with some serious computing to pursue my passion, which embraces all aspects of multimedia activities that I cherish. Mojave totally fulfills my requirements in this regard, therefore goodbye Catalina fot the time being. :) I will obviously monitor the progress of Catalina and decide later on whether a change of my present stance would be justified.

Greetings

After an in depth investigation as to what the "promised new features" of Catalina bring to the table for me I conclude that nothing of the Catalina new stuff will enhance my workflow one iota. The new security restrictions, as they pertain to my environment will surely eventually prove to be a pain, something I do not need in my environment, they are consequently unwanted. Presently I am running Mojave 10.14.5, on both of my hacks as per my signature, and that without any problems whatsoever. Catalina is therefore not important and neither relevant for my computing environment. I wish to continue to indulge with some serious computing to pursue my passion, which embraces all aspects of multimedia activities that I cherish. Mojave totally fulfills my requirements in this regard, therefore goodbye Catalina fot the time being. :) I will obviously monitor the progress of Catalina and decide later on whether a change of my present stance would be justified.

Greetings
Cool story bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back