Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
The easiest update I've ever had
I just clicked "update" and in fifteen minutes everything ran smoothly

everything works, except Bluetooth. But I can't do gen_debug. Attach files loaded.

Attachments

• Schermata 2019-07-06 alle 08.50.49.png
    Schermata 2019-07-06 alle 08.50.49.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Schermata 2019-07-06 alle 08.50.56.png
    Schermata 2019-07-06 alle 08.50.56.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 89
So, apparently I screwed up. I was trying to change the HD icon for my startup drive, but no matter what I did, the change wouldn't take. So, I booted into Mojave from my Mojave drive, and made the change. Then, when I booted back into Catalina Beta 2, the option for my internal speakers was gone... only HDMI. I tried reapplying -lilubetaall, but still no internal speakers on reboot. I have confirmed the latest Apple ALC (1.3.9), Lilu (1.3.7) and Whatever Green (1.3.0), but no internal speakers. Does anyone have any ideas?

Well, I still don't know why booting into Mojave borked my system, but I simply ran the Catalina installer again, and now everything is back to normal... sound (internal speakers) is working and everything is back to normal.

A GT 710 works OOB on Catalina.
I used the config.plist from page 1 and with this .plist I cannot boot with the GT710. Only without. What can I try or what do I have to change inside the config.plist to get work?

I used the config.plist from page 1 and with this .plist I cannot boot with the GT710. Only without. What can I try or what do I have to change inside the config.plist to get work?

Typically, those conflig.plists use the boot argument "nv_disable=1" during installation. Check to see if that boot argument is there. If so, delete it, and restart your computer.

710 is natively supported
Typically, those conflig.plists use the boot argument "nv_disable=1" during installation. Check to see if that boot argument is there. If so, delete it, and restart your computer.
yes I just checked the file and it does have that boot argument
so deleting that line will fix the probblem

also the Nvidia web flag is not check either
but since the card has native support it doesn't need that flag either

that option or setting is only need it when the person is installing web drivers
so removing the line will fix the problem just like you suggested

Last edited:
Does GTX 1050 TI will work here on catalina ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back