Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
BT, WIFI and Audio is working. All with Intel4600. But not with my GT710. Any recommendation to get the GT710 also to work? Tried Inject Nvidia and also with Inject WebDrivers - but that won't work!

After updating my kexts, updating to 19A501i was very smooth. I did have to enable some new Input Monitoring permissions to get my Yubikey to work properly, which caused me a bit of confusion until I found it... so, heads-up on the new permissions. Overall, I'm very pleased with the Catalina betas.

Beta 2 seems snappier than Beta 1 when doing simple stuff like using Finder, which is nice.

Edited to add: oddly enough, Preview has a weird display issue when pulling up PDFs. This doesn't happen with other file types, as far as I can tell. Curious if others are having the same issue:

Last edited:
Updating to Public Beta 2 was a little tricky... tried about 3 times, but each time on restart, the purple lines would show up and the installer would hang until it eventually rebooted into Public Beta 1. Finally turned off the machine with the case switch, rebooted and manually selected the installer from Clover... took a little while, but that did the trick. Updated to the latest WhateverGreen, Apple ALC, and Lilu kexts prior to the install, and deleted the -lilubetaall boot argument, and everything is working hunky dory. Sound, WiFi, Bluetooth, everything... AND Apple TV is working perfectly now. I think the whole problem was I hadn't authorized the computer (didn't realize I had to, was never prompted), but once I authorized the computer, even Apple TV started working perfectly.

Help me please. How to run EFI Mounter (v3)? Catalina wrote that app need to be updated. I tried to mount EFI through Clover Configurator - w/o success (it's not respond to press button 'mount efi')

Help me please. How to run EFI Mounter (v3)? Catalina wrote that app need to be updated. I tried to mount EFI through Clover Configurator - w/o success (it's not respond to press button 'mount efi')

Try EFI Agent instead.

BT, WIFI and Audio is working. All with Intel4600. But not with my GT710. Any recommendation to get the GT710 also to work? Tried Inject Nvidia and also with Inject WebDrivers - but that won't work!
A GT 710 works OOB on Catalina.

So, apparently I screwed up. I was trying to change the HD icon for my startup drive, but no matter what I did, the change wouldn't take. So, I booted into Mojave from my Mojave drive, and made the change. Then, when I booted back into Catalina Beta 2, the option for my internal speakers was gone... only HDMI. I tried reapplying -lilubetaall, but still no internal speakers on reboot. I have confirmed the latest Apple ALC (1.3.9), Lilu (1.3.7) and Whatever Green (1.3.0), but no internal speakers. Does anyone have any ideas?

So, apparently I screwed up. I was trying to change the HD icon for my startup drive, but no matter what I did, the change wouldn't take. So, I booted into Mojave from my Mojave drive, and made the change. Then, when I booted back into Catalina Beta 2, the option for my internal speakers was gone... only HDMI. I tried reapplying -lilubetaall, but still no internal speakers on reboot. I have confirmed the latest Apple ALC (1.3.9), Lilu (1.3.7) and Whatever Green (1.3.0), but no internal speakers. Does anyone have any ideas?

You shouldn't need to apply the -lulubetaall book flag if you already have the updated kexts:

Pulled directly from the release page of those 3 kexts:
  • "Allow loading on 10.15 without -lilubetaall"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back