Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you cannot run any 32bit executable in Catalina. All system shipped dylibs are stripped of i386 versions, and trying to execute a 32bit binary fails with EBADARCH

I fear for my Steam library
Me too, I've been emailing many game developers to update their game, The ones I most like to see updated are Undertale and AVGN Adventures 2.

I'm very anxious to see how Steam will deal with this, since they threatened Ubuntu to no longer support steam after they announced to be dropping 32bit support, and now they rolled back that idea, but Apple Wont for sure.
But I dont think they will simply drop macOS support.

For the Install final?

What do you mean install final?
  1. I had 10.14.5 on a USB connected SSD.
  2. I booted from the USB connected SSD.
  3. Ran the beta app.
  4. The installer updated 10.14.5 to Catalina beta.

Catalina can't be run on an external SSD USB connection... Connect it to a Sata "internal" connection.

Don't know where did you got that info, but as you said that I tried to boot that external drive on my Macbook Pro 9.2 (mid 2012 i5), without issues. Just discovered that without any app opened, just the OS, the MBP runs really hot, about 70˚C. I guess need more work there.

But the thing is, Catalina can run on a external drive without problems.

Last edited:
Anybody worried that custom Kexts will work for now in the PB, but will be excluded / locked out in the final release, ergo - bricking your hackintosh?

Anybody worried that custom Kexts will work for now in the PB, but will be excluded / locked out in the final release, ergo - bricking your hackintosh?

From the article on sentinelone: "while kernel extensions remain functional on macOS Catalina, installing any new kexts will now require a restart." It looks like they will work until we get to 10.16. Apple is just giving devs a "heads up."

adding -lilubetaall

Thanks!

thanks for posting that picture your kepler card is still supported, i tested 3 kepler cards today and they all work, 740, 770 and 780
does this include 780m like in iMac 27 2013?

What do you mean install final?
  1. I had 10.14.5 on a USB connected SSD.
  2. I booted from the USB connected SSD.
  3. Ran the beta app.
  4. The installer updated 10.14.5 to Catalina beta.

Are you using USBInjectallkext or SSDT usb? External icons patch?

I have a Corsair usb to Sata adapter cable and it will load and reboot but the final install 3-4 crashes unless the drive is connected to a Sata port. I don’t have any usb Kexts or SSDT for usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back