Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to conclude on my graphics issues... I gave up. Sorry. Instead of trying to get the Intel HD 4600 to work I went out and got a Radeon RX 570 8 GB. No issues since I put the new card in.

Catalina still chokes on sleep, something I had worked out in Mojave. But I don't have the time or energy to work it out. Otherwise, Catalina is working well.

Dang 2020? I for some reason thought we would see it this September with the release of new Apple products... man that’s a long wait haha. Okay though, that’s what I figured but wanted a more knowledgeable person to verify my thoughts. Thanks!

10.15.0 will be out soon, probably late September / early October.

In the mean time you could dual boot between Mojave and Catalina if you want to experiment and see what the major differences are are test if all your apps work properly.

10.15.0 will be out soon, probably late September / early October.

In the mean time you could dual boot between Mojave and Catalina if you want to experiment and see what the major differences are are test if all your apps work properly.
I've used macOS 10 since the beginning after macOS 10 replaced version 9. It has taken Apple to release version 10.x.3 to work the bugs out of the system. I don't use a new macOS 10 until then. Consequently, I don't recommend using a new macOS until 10.x.3 for production work.

Everything worked fine on my build until Beta 6. Audio is not working.

I reinstall and everything is working perfectly. The only thing I could install last version of Clover boat loader. So I copy the entire EFI folder of Mojave

Everything works just like any other update! Awesome. Just installed latest Lilu.kext
But I have one question although it may be too soon to ask it. Do you think it will stay that way for all the other updates til the release this fall?
As Yogi Berra said, “It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future”

Yes! Completely reinstalling Catalina on another partition solved the audio issue, and everything worked. However, for some reason my Mojave partition was affected and would cause a kernel panic when I would try to boot into Mojave. The same happened vice versa when I re-installed Mojave on that partition; the Catalina partition was affected and caused a kernel panic when I tried booting from Catalina. I would suggest installing on a completely different hard drive if you don't want to mess up your main partition.

Public Beta 7 is out, upgrading from 6-7 went smooth. Random crash/reboot are still there on my system, probably due to either not clean installed/beta bug, I am not gonna bother with it until final release.

PS.
It seems the random crash/reboot issue was caused by having the "Put hard disks to sleep when possible." option turned on in System Preferences/Energy saver, probably only happens to system with mechanical drives like dvd drive or non-ssd drive. I always had this option turned on in previous MacOS version without problem.

Last edited:
Installed the latest last night... had to manually select the installer on reboot again, but a successful update with everything apparently still working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back