Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed on a clean new drive. Boots well and functions, but I'm having both audio and graphics issues.

Graphics: System Report correctly identifies the graphics system but shows "no kexts loaded", and Fusion 360 loads with error that I have no graphics card. I have installed WhateverGreen downloaded from this site using the Hackintool. I can confirm that the file exists in the L/E folder.

Audio: No output device detected. Hackintool correctly sees the on-board audio. Lilu and AppleALC from this site also both installed.

Suggestions?

This system worked well under Mojave. If I can't fix this I will downgrade.

PS: To do a clean install of Mojave, how do I download Mojave install? It no longer seems available to me on AppStore now that I have installed Catalina.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Audio: No Audio Devices.png
    Audio: No Audio Devices.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Graphics-No Kext Added.png
    Graphics-No Kext Added.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Hackintool Audio.png
    Hackintool Audio.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Hackintool Installed Kexts.png
    Hackintool Installed Kexts.png
    337.2 KB · Views: 126
  • Hackintool System Info.png
    Hackintool System Info.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 99
Thank you. Updated kext solved the audio problem, but not the graphics issue:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.16.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.16.59 PM.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.17.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.17.51 PM.png
    258.9 KB · Views: 180
PS: To do a clean install of Mojave, how do I download Mojave install? It no longer seems available to me on AppStore now that I have installed Catalina.
With Recovery OS image from Apple server.

Updated to Public Beta 4 using Software Update... a little wonky... progress bar disappeared and the screen went black for a few minutes, but it finally rebooted into the latest. Audio working fine, apps were a little slow to open at first, but everything appears to be functional normally now.

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 8.03.32 AM.png

Is it worth moving to Catalina yet for my semi-production art build? I really want to try it out and iOS 13 / iPad OS, but do not want to spend a ton of time messing around with kexts and stuff or having to boot from backups.

Thanks in advanced! Really happy with all the new changes coming to MacOS and iOS! Let's just hope they don't end up ditching Intel all together!!

Is it worth moving to Catalina yet for my semi-production art build? I really want to try it out and iOS 13 / iPad OS, but do not want to spend a ton of time messing around with kexts and stuff or having to boot from backups.
No! Catalina is still a rough beta (IMO) and hasn't been release yet as official operating system. It's only for those wanting to experiment or hobbyists and developers. Prosumers and production computing should stay away from Catalina until the 10.15.3 update is released, probably in late January, 2020.

No! Catalina is still a rough beta (IMO) and hasn't been release yet as official operating system. It's only for those wanting to experiment or hobbyists and developers. Prosumers and production computing should stay away from Catalina until the 10.15.3 update is released, probably in late January, 2020.
Dang 2020? I for some reason thought we would see it this September with the release of new Apple products... man that’s a long wait haha. Okay though, that’s what I figured but wanted a more knowledgeable person to verify my thoughts. Thanks!

Dang 2020? I for some reason thought we would see it this September with the release of new Apple products... man that’s a long wait haha. Okay though, that’s what I figured but wanted a more knowledgeable person to verify my thoughts. Thanks!
I think 10.15.1 will be out in September. 10.15.3 the x.x.3 version of the macOS is historically the bug fix version of each major revision. It is usually the one that pro-consumers wait for as it is more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back