Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
working like a charm on the last version of mojave, thanks a lot headkaze !

I have Sidecar showing on my iMac Pro hackintosh. But it shows up with a 401 error after it connects to my iPad. Hopefully, later betas fix it or the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS when it comes out. Have my RTX card disabled but the error still shows with only the Vega plugged in.

That’s odd. On some forums people with real iMac Pro’s are saying it doesn’t show up for them either.

Another comp
Super

That’s odd. On some forums people with real iMac Pro’s are saying it doesn’t show up for them either.
I would wait awhile it is not working correctly on my Mac mini 2018 either. Matter of fact Catalina is kind of poopie at this point compared to Mojave @ least for what I need. Everything seemed to work in Mojave; the change to Music and iTunes to only have Apple Music and Movie store not work was kind of a let down. I am sure they will get it right before Golden master.

That’s interesting... I’m wondering if it has to do with that I also have a MacBook Pro on Catalina too. I had to plug in my iPad and be on the same iCloud account for sidecar to show up. This was one of the main features of Catalina that I was really excited for so I’m really hoping it works

That’s interesting... I’m wondering if it has to do with that I also have a MacBook Pro on Catalina too. I had to plug in my iPad and be on the same iCloud account for sidecar to show up. This was one of the main features of Catalina that I was really excited for so I’m really hoping it works
I think the problem might be that is only working on some models at first because we seen the feature working, no doubt.

But I think that some models are not yet supported. Because in an early beta, I'm sure apple will add support for those missing models later on

I deleted Catalina because I needed to use the drive for something else.
But, after public beta 2, then i will try again If anything, I will change the SMBIOS for a SMBIOS that is known to have the feature working.

Like, if I go to YouTube and the person has an specific model, then I will change my SMBIOS to match his to the give it a try. Ii really hope it doesn't require the T2 chip like other member commented because I love iMac Pro SMBIOS, and, if I will have to change my SMBIOS, then I'll change them to the new MAC pro after it comes out.

But I'm sure it will have to work with iMac Pro SMBIOS. It is just that is still too early.

Well, I just updated to macOS Catalina Public Beta 2, and things seem a lot less buggy now! (Not that there were many issues for me in Public Beta 1.) Public Beta 2 seems to have fixed Apple Music for me, which is super nice! Other than that, yeah, everything seems to be working super well. I'm very excited to see how the final product turns out this August!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 3.12.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 3.12.36 PM.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 58
Update to Public Beta 2 was super easy. Sidecar doesn’t show error 401 anymore but it just shows “Poor connection” and never connects. Progress though! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back