Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina Cleanup: Remove Kexts From /Library/Extensions and Recache

I've run into loads of issues and finally just got it back working (mostly). It's in another thread, but the only remaining issue that I can see thus far is that my monitors won't wake from sleep unless I unplug them and plug them back in.

Any chance this is the culprit? The only one of the third-party kexts that I have from your list is RealtekRTL8111.kext, but that wouldn't be relevant, right? Is there anything in my list that I should remove or add?

As always, thank you so much.

ACS6x.kext
AppleMobileDevice.kext
ArcMSR.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
AuthenticationSupport.plugin
AuthenticationSupportEnabler.plugin
AvidDX.kext
CalDigitHDOriDrv.kext
DigiDal.kext
DisplayLinkDriver.kext
EnergyDriver.kext
FTDIKext.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
hp_Inkjet1_io_enabler.kext
hp_io_enabler_compound.kext
Motu MIDI Driver.kext
MOTUFireWireAudio.kext
MOTUFireWireVideoConfig.kext
MOTUMicroBookAudio.kext
MOTUPCIAudio.kext
MOTUPCIVideo.kext
MOTUProAudio.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
SiLabsUSBDriver64.kext
SoftRAID.kext
Soundflower.kext

If I remove RealtekRTL8111.kext from Library/Extensions my network card stops working. Had to put the file back there.

If I remove RealtekRTL8111.kext from Library/Extensions my network card stops working. Had to put the file back there.

When you moved your kexts from /L/E to E/C/k/O, did you change Clover's "Inject Kexts" from DETECT to YES? Just curious.

I've run into loads of issues and finally just got it back working (mostly). It's in another thread, but the only remaining issue that I can see thus far is that my monitors won't wake from sleep unless I unplug them and
Are these DP or TB connected monitors? I beleive there is a sleep issue with real Macs having these problems. The ports go into a deep sleep mode and not smart enough to wake up the monitors or vs versa.

When you moved your kexts from /L/E to E/C/k/O, did you change Clover's "Inject Kexts" from DETECT to YES? Just curious.

I never had them in /L/E/ do I never had to worry about it.

Are these DP or TB connected monitors? I beleive there is a sleep issue with real Macs having these problems. The ports go into a deep sleep mode and not smart enough to wake up the monitors or vs versa.

No, they aren't. One is connected by HDMI, which has issues, but not as much as the monitor that's connected by DVI

It was and still is my config:
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>

It was and still is my config:
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
From what I know Clover checks if and which kexts are in /L/E and in case not present, Clover will load the particular kext from /Other. So if everything is in /Other, it makes no difference if InjectKexts is Yes or Detect. Same result.

What I would like to know if kext cache needs to be rebuilt after updating a kext in /Other? Any ideas?

Thanks

Back