- Nov 17, 2009
- Z370N WIFI
- i7 8700K
- HD 630
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Moving from macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina with an existing MultiBeast 11 for macOS Mojave installation. The following directions allow a user to manually remove kexts from /Library/Extensions and recache system on macOS Catalina.
1. Update to macOS Catalina using UniBeast 10
2. Run MultiBeast 12 to install all post-installation items
3. Navigate to /Library/Extensions
4. If any 3rd party kexts exist, delete them*
5. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal
6. Enter the following: sudo -s and type your password
7. Enter the following: mount -uw /
8. Enter the following: touch /Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions
9. Enter the following: kextcache -i /
*Big list of 3rd party kexts that may have been installed to /Library/Extensions in macOS Mojave and can be removed after MultiBeast 12 for macOS Catalina has been run.
These are the kexts that MultiBeast 11 could have installed in /Library/Extensions:
For reference, the default macOS Catalina /Library/Extensions from a clean installation:
The following guide is a complete walkthrough for updating to or installing a fresh version of macOS Catalina. It requires no experience and all of the basic installation and post-installation tools are available on tonymacx86.com. Table of Contents Step 1: Download macOS Catalina Step 2...