Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (vanilla) - WON'T BOOT - PRELINKEDKERNELS ISSUE (Catalina install completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900K (delidded 5GHz)
Graphics
RX 6900XT - RX 6800
MY PROBLEM:
From Clover Bootloader select boot from Catalina... see the Apple Logo replaced immediately by a white diagonally crossed-out circle, and nothing.
So I tried from Clover Bootloader going into OPTIONS and to Arguments added -V to the beginning of the string. Success, sometimes!?!?

First of all why will am I getting the crossed-out circle? Why does it work if I set the EFI to boot based on verbose mode? And why does that only sometimes work, not consistent?

Attaching a screenshot for reference, but from what I can see the error has something to do with "PreLinkedKernels"?

macos-catalina-10-15-6-clover-bootloader-issue-jpg.482349

MY SYSTEM:
Z390 Aorus Master (gigabyte)
Intel Core i9-9900K (delidded, rokit cool's bronze IHS, OC=5GHz all cores)
Kraken Z63 AIO Cooler
Slot #1: M.2 NVME Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) - Windows 10 OS drive
Slot #2: M.2 NVME Samsung 970 Evo Plus (1TB) - extra storage drive
Slot #3: M.2 NVME Samsung 970 Pro (512GB) - target drive for macOS Catalina
Sata SSD Samsung 960 Evo (1TB) - extra storage drive
Aorus RX 5700 XT (gigabyte)
HyperX Predator RGB 4000mhz (OC=4100mhz) 4 x 8gb = total 32gb
Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 11 850 watts
Be Quiet Pure Base 500 Window - PC Case

Attachments

• macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Clover Bootloader Issue.jpg
    macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Clover Bootloader Issue.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 693
Had the same problem....I see you multiboot with Win 10.

If you are stuck and can't boot into mac os or recovery, do a CMOS reset (something like a PRAM reset for hackintosh) and setup your BIOS settings again.

After that mac os should work fine, but never restart windows and boot into mac os. If you are exiting windows then shut down the machine first. Windows apparently leave some junk if you only restart to speed up the boot time and that messes up mac os.

thanks Ben42, my MOBO has dual BIOS and unexpectedly it switched itself and I had to reset my BIOS OC settings + Clover/macOS settings. It now boots fine. Tested a few times and rebooting Catalina from Windows works ok too, but per your advice will avoid it.

Now I do have another issue, Catalina will not restart or shutdown - tried FixShutdown (APIC) also tried: AptioMemoryFix.efi + EmuVariableUefi.efi + slide=0 (ARGUMENTS) + iGPU=disabled (BIOS). Will be posting this issue on separate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back