Contribute
Register

MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 - Dell T5500 Screen Resolution and Boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me, "you did it already so why bother..."
First of all, this is my 4th day searching all over and trying many things. I hate when people ask instead of search, I tried everything before bother you guys but I really apologize for this post.
I have a Dell T5500, it takes me 5 days to finally install Catalina. The big problem is the BIOS on Dell. Later on, I will put here the only BIOS configuration that finally works.
Probably my main problem is my cheapness, using old graphics cards but I really think the one I am using still has some more to give me.
If you guys think the problem is the Graphics card please let me know and we can go from there.
So, this is what my system is showing:

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
Processor 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 36 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
Startup Disk Catalina
Graphics NVIDIA Chip Model 3 MB (I know, it should say "CHEAP" Model)

The card I have there is an Nvidia GeForce GTS450 1Gb

I can only have 1024x768

The other problem I have is I can only boot from the USB, I copy the content of the EFI from the USB to the empty EFI in the HardDrive but nothing happened.

I know nothing or little about this, so please when you explain, please think you are talking to a freaking stupid.

T5500 BIOS configuration

General
-Boot Sequence
(remember to put all USB first)

Drives
-SATA Operation
RAID Autodetect / AHCI

-SMART Reporting
Check Enable Smart Reporting

System Configuration
-Integrated NIC
Check Enable

-USB Controller
Check Enable

-Parallel Port
Check PS/2

-Parallel Port Address
Check 378h

-Serial Port #1
Check AUTO

-Miscellaneous Devices
Check all

Video
-Primary Video
Check Option 2

Performance
Only Check
-Multi Core Support
-Intel Turbo Boost Technology
-C States Control
-Hardware Prefetcher
-Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch
-Memory Node Interleaving (SMP)

Security
Only Check
-CPU XD Support

With this, it should work.
Thank You guys

Hey great job.. Ime trying to install Catalina to a t5500 with single x5660 and 36gb ram. I’ve also got a gt710 but keep on getting white screen after installing. Any ideas? Ime using a16 bios and the settings you recommend but no luck.. any pointers would be great thanks in advance ... it’s Catalina 10.15.4 Ime installing

If the hard drive is SAS you can't boot off of it. I know this is an old thread but wanted to chime in and ask a question as well? Where you ever to resolve your other issues and run Catalina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back