Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina 10.15.0 - USB Port-Limit Removal Patch

You can have as many patches as you need. Some people have a screenful. Useful too that you can actually enable or disable each one if you need to for testing etc.

So yes, mouse-click on the small "+" bottom-left of the KextsToPatch list and add the two new lines, leaving what you already have alone.

:)

Beautiful, thank you for the clarification!

Say can I use the same USB port limit removal patches that worked in 10.15.3 for 10.15.6?

It seems I can't find any info on this online, posts are always only refering to 10.15.0 or .1. Or are port limit removal patches not the way anymore (with a succeeding USB kext creation via Hackintool)?

Hi all. Hope everyone is keeping safe. I'm seeing Microsoft Edge appearing in my USB list in IORegistryExplorer. Is that normal?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 8.18.32 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 8.18.32 AM.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 144
With the release of macOS Catalina 10.15.0 you'll probably need a port-limit removal patch to begin your USB configuration on a new build.

Here it is:

View attachment 430312

As you can see we only need two patches for Catalina as opposed to four, for Mojave.

Line 1 -

Name*: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
Find*: 83FB0F0F
Replace*: 83FB3F0F

Line 2 -

Name* com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find*: 83F90F0F
Replace*: 83F93F0F

Remember you will need USBInjectAll.kext installed to enable this to work.

(Due credit given to previous patch discoverers: pmheart, daliansky and @ydeng )

Work for me in 10.15.7.
Thank you!

Thanks for this! None of my usb 3.0 ports worked, just the 3.1!!!
Now all are working!

Thanks thanks!

Just for my understanding what this patches do. All USB ports got recognized and are working. Is this patch to boost up a downgraded speed of the USB ports or moreover to get the ports working as such?

Just for my understanding what this patches do. All USB ports got recognized and are working. Is this patch to boost up a downgraded speed of the USB ports or moreover to get the ports working as such?

With the release of macOS Catalina 10.15.0 you'll probably need a port-limit removal patch to begin your USB configuration on a new build.

Here it is:

View attachment 430312

As you can see we only need two patches for Catalina as opposed to four, for Mojave.

Line 1 -

Name*: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
Find*: 83FB0F0F
Replace*: 83FB3F0F

Line 2 -

Name* com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find*: 83F90F0F
Replace*: 83F93F0F

Remember you will need USBInjectAll.kext installed to enable this to work.

(Due credit given to previous patch discoverers: pmheart, daliansky and @ydeng )

Greetings !!!

I finally upgraded to Catalina but, as it happened in mojave some of my USB3.0 ports are not working.

So I tried to do as you mention, but I am missing something.

Here are some screenshots: (everybody likes 'em!! :) )

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 23.19.04.png

So the Hackintook is telling me that the USBInjectAll is not updated, but I downloaded it manually and placed in /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/ and in /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and in neither of those 2 work.

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 23.20.26.png

As for the change in the config.plist, I've replaced the mentioned lines.

My guess is that the USBInjectAll.kext is not in the correct folder... but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Greetings !!!

I finally upgraded to Catalina but, as it happened in mojave some of my USB3.0 ports are not working.

So I tried to do as you mention, but I am missing something.

Here are some screenshots: (everybody likes 'em!! :) )

View attachment 523966

So the Hackintook is telling me that the USBInjectAll is not updated, but I downloaded it manually and placed in /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/ and in /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and in neither of those 2 work.

View attachment 523967

As for the change in the config.plist, I've replaced the mentioned lines.

My guess is that the USBInjectAll.kext is not in the correct folder... but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Hi there.

Okay. Three things:

1) A screen-grab from Hackintool of the USB tab would be better.

2) You only need two lines in your port-limit removal patch. Why repeat 4-times?

3) If you have updated Catalina with the latest security patches then you are best to use either a new version of Clover - since r5124 - or OpenCore. This is so that you can use the XhciPortLimit Quirk instead of a patch, which may not work with the most recent updates.

Hi there.

Okay. Three things:

1) A screen-grab from Hackintool of the USB tab would be better.

2) You only need two lines in your port-limit removal patch. Why repeat 4-times?

3) If you have updated Catalina with the latest security patches then you are best to use either a new version of Clover - since r5124 - or OpenCore. This is so that you can use the XhciPortLimit Quirk instead of a patch, which may not work with the most recent updates.

Hello Again!!

I just can't understand why, but such is life as a hackintosher!

I went to the hackintool USB Tab to make the screenshot and, guess what? I realized that one of my external hard drives were recoginized (they were the ones that I was struggling yesterday).

However I knew I could count on you! All I need is "a little help from my friends"!

Here is the screenshot you asked for:
Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 14.40.27.png

The ones I needed to work were the HS3 and HS4, now they work correctly. How? I just don't know!

Anyway, now I am heading towards, big sur. Any advice?

Thanks a lot!

Back