Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina 10.15.0 - USB Port-Limit Removal Patch

With the release of macOS Catalina 10.15.0 you'll probably need a port-limit removal patch to begin your USB configuration on a new build.

Here it is:

View attachment 430312

As you can see we only need two patches for Catalina as opposed to four, for Mojave.

Line 1 -

Name*: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
Find*: 83FB0F0F
Replace*: 83FB3F0F

Line 2 -

Name* com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find*: 83F90F0F
Replace*: 83F93F0F

Remember you will need USBInjectAll.kext installed to enable this to work.

:)

(Due credit given to previous patch discoverers: pmheart, daliansky and @ydeng )

Great Thanks.. it worked for me

Are there new kext patches for 10.15.3 or 10.15.4 which we need, in addition to the ones for 15.1 and 15.2 listed in OP's post? I'm running 10.15.4 and about to start the beginner's guide. Also, I have added InjectAll.kext. Do I need to remove Lilu, FakePCIID, FakePCIID_XHCIMux, or any other kext in order for the port mapping process to work without conflicts? Thanks

I just update my Catalina build from 10.15.2 to 10.5.4 on line.
Everything work out well except USB. Notice that I am still using the 4 patches to remove the port limit that I used during the Mohave build with the custom aml file that matches the ports in H97.
I remove the 4 patches and replace with the 2 patches for Catalina as recommended. On restart, I couldn't login as my USB keyboard / mouse not functioning as all the USB ports are not enable. Try to revert back to the old config.plist setting by deleting the 2 patches and putting the 4 patches back.
On restart, all USB ports are still disable.
What do I have to do to enable the USB ports again?
Thanks

Hackintool 3.3.7 does not refresh when I plug/unplug USB devices. It shows me XHC ports from my Z370 controller but it doesnt refresh which means I cant map. USB3/2 works for the most part but I want to create a custom USBmap anyway.

Both patches installed
USBinjectAll 0.7.3
Catalina 10.15.4

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 9.30.02 AM.png

Similar problem here, the port limit removal is not working anymore and USB recognition with Hackintool doesn't work. Neither works the port-mapping with exported kext and patches. This prevents me from setting my onboard-connectors as internal to stop my bluetooth-card from waking the hack when going to sleep. The rename of EUSB and EHC2 controllers is working, but renaming of XHC1 doesn't.

Hackintool v3.3.7
USBInjectAll v0.7.1
OS X 10.15.3

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-11 um 10.56.35.png

Any ideas how to get a proper USB-Mapping?

EDIT: I just figured out that since the last update of Hackintool a newly added inject-Button (syringe at the bottom) does some kind of port injection. I don't know if port limit removal patch or USBInjectAll.kext need to be active for this to work (which both were in my case). So finally I was able to get the port mapping done using the exported USBPorts.kext, removing USBInjectAll.kext and let port renames and port limit removal patch active.
But the downside when the controller is set to internal: it doesn't recognise any usb device anymore. I already tried to use SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and SSDT-UIAC.aml instead of USBPorts.kext, but without success. Port-mapping stops working then...

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-11 um 15.41.47.png

Last edited:
I have an old EFI build on a USB where the mappings still work. But with the EFI on my SSD, where I boot from normally and which I keep up to date, the USB ports are not mapped. So I guess the issue comes from an updated file somewhere. I am guessing Clover.

Other question: does USBInjectAll.kext work with the latest MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS? If I switch to that it also breaks my mappings.

Worked for me on 10.15.4

Gigabyte Z390 Designare • i9 9900K • Sapphire Nitro Vega 64

Worked for me on 10.15.4 also.
Gigabyte Z390I Aorus PRO WiFi, I5 9600K, Radeon RX 580Pulse.

Thanks!

Back