Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina 10.15.0 - USB Port-Limit Removal Patch

You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

Done.. ! :)

HI

I have been having problems getting USB ports to work.
I have installed macOS Catalina using USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type A and currently using this port with a splitter in order to use mouse and keyboard

I have slimmed down kexts , and SSDTs and tried your method but couldn't get any ports under XHCI@14
I have also tried to make a USB inject specific to my MB but again IOReg shows no ports under XHCI controller.

Asus Rog Omega latest BIOS has no option under USB configuration to enable XHC Handoff . There is an option of ( mouse and keyboard simulation - enable / disable ) I tired on both setting no luck

After refreshing BIOS and clean install , Hackintool can now pick up USB 3.1 gen2 ( although different USB controller ). However , XHCI still not activated and not showing ports as per IOReg

As it is new build , it is running Windows 10 Pro smoothly and all USB ports working there. So its not a hardware issue , I guess .

My BIOS setting is copy past of KGP guide

Don't know what to do else ?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
  • IOReg .ioreg
    4.4 MB · Views: 126
  • No USB ports.pdf
    410.5 KB · Views: 138
I can confirm this works on Catalina 10.15.3 with motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

I can confirm this works on Catalina 10.15.3 with motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
best to now do this:
usb setup guide:

you won't need to mess around with patches then

best to now do this:
usb setup guide:

you won't need to mess around with patches then

Just did this and it worked perfectly fine. Thank you!

WHEN UPGRADING FROM10.14.6 TO 10.15.3 DIRECTLY DO I STILL NEED TO KEEP THE OLD PATCHES until the update is done along with these new 2 ones or I should remove old ones and just place these and then update from 14.6 to 15.3

WHEN UPGRADING FROM10.14.6 TO 10.15.3 DIRECTLY DO I STILL NEED TO KEEP THE OLD PATCHES until the update is done along with these new 2 ones or I should remove old ones and just place these and then update from 14.6 to 15.3

Hi there.

If you wish. The old patches do not work for Catalina and the new ones do not work for Mojave.

Really, you should follow the guide then you will not need any, nor need to worry in future with the same motherboard. :thumbup:

Back