Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina 10.15.0 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed first version of the supplemental update. I did not receive the second one because the first was installed fine (a clean install), so I have downloaded the updated Catalina app, re-created the pen drive and made a new fresh install, to get the latest Catalina.

How did you download the latest Install macOs Catalina.app?

Last edited:
App Store. The Install macOS Catalina.app has been updated.

I have no Install macOS Catalina.app in Applications. When I try to download a macOS.app from App Store by hitting Get button on macOS Catalina page, it forwards me to Software Update preferences pane and I get message Update not found.
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 15.55.15.png

Last edited:
I have no Install macOS Catalina.app in Applications. When I try to download a macOS.app from App Store by hitting Get button on macOS Catalina page, it forwards me to Software Update preferences pane and I get message Update not available.
View attachment 432330
What System Definitions (SMBIOS) do you use?
As I see, Apple has changed some things during the last 24 hours, as I see on Macrumors forums. This may be the cause that blocks some downloads.

What System Definitions (SMBIOS) do you use?
As I see, Apple has changed some things during the last 24 hours, as I see on Macrumors forums. This may be the cause that blocks some downloads.

I use iMac19,1.

Hi All,

Yesterday I upgraded a clone of my Mojave Desktop System (White Knight build in my Sig) to the latest Catalina Release.

Catalina-Test.png

Prior to running the installer I updated Clover to r5097 and the WhatEverGreen and AppleALC kexts to the latest release.
All other 3rd party kexts including Lilu where already at the latest versions.

I did not make any changes to my config.plist and left all my 3rd party kexts in /L/E, the only kext I have in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other is FakeSMC.

I obtained the Catalina installer via the App Store which then redirects to System Preferences -> Software Update. Once the installer had downloaded (8.3 GB !!) I performed a direct update from Mojave to Catalina. The update ran perfectly requiring the usual three reboots, no black screens during installation.

Total install time was around 40 mins as the clone i was updating is on a 2TB HDD
Everything seems to be working just fine ....

Still using UsbInjectAll + SSDT-UIAC to define my USB2 and USB3 ports, all ports working well.

I use Hackintool to disable GateKeeper and flag the System Drive as R/W as detailed in this post, which has allowed me to remove a unused / unneeded / non-compatible apps, daemons, launch agents .. etc. Hackintool is also very good for maintaining 3rd party kexts in /L/E when running Catalina (see the kext guide for more info)

I don't think i'll be moving to Catalina as my daily driver just yet as I still use a few 32bit apps which i need to find alternatives for but good to know the the update will work ok when/if the time comes.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
I tried the update but I got a black screen on reboot. So far I can only boot into CCC backup.

Interestingly enough, I tried a fresh install of the latest Catalina Download and it stalls at "11 minutes remaining". Not sure if these 2 problems are related.

Any ideas? Radeon RX580. Latest Lilu + WEG. Worked fine prior to updating.

Last edited:
I just realized, after updating, the little colored lines that showed up before, across the top of the boot screen, are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back