HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This week Apple released macOS Catalina Supplemental Update, a major software update to macOS Catalina. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the System Preferences pane or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.

Download the macOS Catalina 10.15.0 Supplemental Update (coming soon)

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 1.16.42 PM.png

What we know about the 10.15.0 Supplemental Update so far...
  • macOS Build 19A602
  • Contains fixes for installer
  • This update has been rolled into the default macOS Catalina 10.15.0 release
  • Install macOS Catalina App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Catalina from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Catalina App can be found in the Applications folder.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store
Update Directly to macOS Catalina
macOS 10.15 Catalina: How to Mount Root Partition Read/Write for Post-Installation
How to Create a macOS Catalina Public Beta Installation USB
tonymacx86 Clover Theme (Updated for Catalina)
Introducing the macOS Catalina Critter!
Catalina Desktop Support
Catalina Desktop Guides
Catalina Laptop Support
Catalina Laptop Guides
macOS Catalina Public Beta is Now Available
Apple Reveals macOS 10.15 Catalina - Available Fall 2019

Last edited:
I updated yesterday. Screen went blank in the middle of the update. I just left it alone to let it finish. I knew it was still updating by watching the disk activity light on my case.

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 5.41.19 PM.png

Despite trying several times, I haven't managed to successfully update yet. Each time I let the system reboot in order to perform the update, everything goes fine (automatic reboot, long installation routine etc), but as soon as I log in System preferences notifies me with the update again (About this Mac reports I'm still running the 19A583 build). I'm perplexed because I've never experienced such a weird bug in the past.

Despite trying several times, I haven't managed to successfully update yet. Each time I let the system reboot in order to perform the update, everything goes fine (automatic reboot, long installation routine etc), but as soon as I log in System preferences notifies me with the update again and I find out the updated wasn't actually applied. I'm perplexed because I've never experienced such a weird bug in the past.
Check which partition is booting at each restart.
If there is one prefixed with "Install" then you must boot with it each time until the update completes.

I noticed that also. Every reboot brought up Clover with the Data partition. I had to select the data partition every time until it finally disappeared. Then I selected the Catalina partition and once it loaded it reflected the update had been completed.

If there is one prefixed with "Install" then you must boot with it each time until the update completes.

Agreed. That's what worked for me. The first attempt my Powermac G5 rebooted to its regular SSD drive and didn't install the update. So I tried again and manually selected Install from SSD - Data on the first reboot, after which I didn't need to intervene because on the second reboot only SSD was available and the installation completed properly. Because of the new system and data containers, I now know that I'll need to manually intervene every update from now on.

Updated it yesterday and it worked!
First. when I clicked on the data update drive in Clover, it booted from it but then booted to my main drive straight away without updating..
I rebooted again, then selected the update drive, and it updated... so nothing went wrong :)

Each time I let the system reboot in order to perform the update, everything goes fine (automatic reboot, long installation routine etc), but as soon as I log in System preferences notifies me with the update again (About this Mac reports I'm still running the 19A583 build).
I went here because I was in the same boat…
And sure enough there was an Install partition visible in Clover, that I had to select to complete the installation. Two reboots were needed, each time manually selecting the Install partition. Is it related to the new "two volumes" strategy in Catalina were the system is separated from the user accessible files? I guess so!

Thank you, I hadn't thought of that! I had to manually select the Install partition twice. I suppose it's Clover's fault, more than Catalina's, given that a single, automatic reboot, is usually enough.

Update went fine. It took about 60 minutes, but that was because I did other things while it was happening. It probably would have been about 40 minutes otherwise. I am on Clover v5070 and did not update to v5071 because there is an odd message about a location change when the 5071 installer is downloaded from SourceForge. I want to verify this before I attempt to update to clover 5071 or later.

I have Clover set so that I must always manually choose which system to boot from. This would seem to prevent some of the issues that people have been having. I really just let the installer do its thing, and if I come back and it has rebooted I just choose the installer until the installer goes away. For me, there was the initial reboot, and then two more before the last reboot had the install completed.

MacOS 10.15 (19A602).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back