i9-9900K OC 5GHz
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,
I had to update my BIOS to latest version (currently F12b) because of system freezes while gaming on Windows with the older one (F11).

BIOS is correctly configured and everything is up to date.
It get stuck on the Apple logo with the loading bar and without any kernel panic or other. This is the boot in verbose mode:

macOS 10.14.3 with following kexts: FakeSMC, Lilu, WhatEvergreen, AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, USBInjectAll (with a custom SSDT)

If I restore the older BIOS it works fine, but then Windows freezes.
What can I do?

Thank you in advance :)

Jamesbond007

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700KF
Graphics
RX 580 Pulse Lite
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,
I had to update my BIOS to latest version (currently F12b) because of system freezes while gaming on Windows with the older one (F11).

BIOS is correctly configured and everything is up to date.
It get stuck on the Apple logo with the loading bar and without any kernel panic or other. This is the boot in verbose mode:

macOS 10.14.3 with following kexts: FakeSMC, Lilu, WhatEvergreen, AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, USBInjectAll (with a custom SSDT)

If I restore the older BIOS it works fine, but then Windows freezes.
What can I do?

Thank you in advance :)

Reports on this forum seem to indicate that the new beta BIOSes for the Gigabyte Z370 motherboards will cause boot problems with MacOS. Your only choice at this moment is to go back to an older BIOS.

If F12b and F11 both cause problems for you how about going back to an even older version such as F10? Are you certain the F11 BIOS is the cause of Windows problems?

Motherboard
GA-Z370M-D3H-F7
CPU
I3-8100
Graphics
RX 470
Mac
  1. iMac
I met the same issue as yours.
For solving the Cpu fan full speed running issue, I update my GA-Z370M-D3H motherboard's bios version to F11c. While after that, the previous boot drive option disappeared in BIOS. the worse was even I tried to use the install UniBeast USB drive to boot the Mojave which I've installed, the progress stuck at loading bar' end.

Finally, I downgrade the BIOS version to F7, which was released before the Installation Guide' release date. Now the condition is:
  1. the CPU fan issue solved both in Win10 and Mojave.
  2. I can boot Mojave with the UniBeast USB drive, but even I had tried to use MultiBeast to rebuild the UEFI bootloader for Mojave, I still can't find the boot drive option for Mojave.

My recommendation is to maintain Mac OS stable first, then try tuning Windows. The occurrence of BIOS version leading to Freeze in Windows is so tiny, while rare people have tested Hackintosh on the latest BIOS version.

At last, anybody know how could I rebuild the bootloader for Mojave? :crazy:

Motherboard
GA-Z370M-D3H-F7
CPU
I3-8100
Graphics
RX 470
Mac
  1. iMac
I met the same issue as yours.
For solving the Cpu fan full speed running issue, I update my GA-Z370M-D3H motherboard's bios version to F11c. While after that, the previous boot drive option disappeared in BIOS. the worse was even I tried to use the install UniBeast USB drive to boot the Mojave which I've installed, the progress stuck at loading bar' end.

Finally, I downgrade the BIOS version to F7, which was released before the Installation Guide' release date. Now the condition is:
  1. the CPU fan issue solved both in Win10 and Mojave.
  2. I can boot Mojave with the UniBeast USB drive, but even I had tried to use MultiBeast to rebuild the UEFI bootloader for Mojave, I still can't find the boot drive option for Mojave.
My recommendation is to maintain Mac OS stable first, then try tuning Windows. The occurrence of BIOS version leading to Freeze in Windows is so tiny, while rare people have tested Hackintosh on the latest BIOS version.

At last, anybody know how could I rebuild the bootloader for Mojave? :crazy:

Update:

I've rebuilt the bootloader by the following steps:

1. Clean the ESP partition completely;
  2. Build the UEFI boot of Mojave by MultiBeast;
  3. Fix the Windows boot by BCD command.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I
CPU
i9-9900K OC 5GHz
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I discovered that the freezes were present on macOS too.. I started a benchmarking app and from that moment even macOS is randomly freezing.
Thinking about a GPU problem, I replaced the Asus Strix Vega 64 with a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64.

The computer has been shut down for days. Once I put the new GPU, it wasn't even able to display the desktop both on macOS and Windows because it freezed immediately.
Now I'm replacing the motherboard (Gigabyte Z370XP SLI), with which I always had problems and I hope it can work again. I'm just a little bit undecided between the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite or Pro. I want to give to Gigabyte another chance..

In the past month, with the old GPU, I did a MemTest and it seemed to be everything OK. I also tried with just a RAM per time and changing position but the freezes were still there. I also used the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and it said that there isn't any problem on the CPU.

As far as concerns the new BIOS on the Z370XP SLI, I too think that it's related to the USB since during boot the keyboard turns off. I tried each and every setting both in BIOS and Clover, but nothing.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME B360M-A
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 580 8gb
As far as concerns the new BIOS on the Z370XP SLI, I too think that it's related to the USB since during boot the keyboard turns off. I tried each and every setting both in BIOS and Clover, but nothing.
Both the most recent ASUS and Gigabyte BIOS prevents booting MacOS, I however can still boot my Windows 10 Install. If you plan on replacing your board, definitely make sure it is using an older version of BIOS because the newest versions seem to be causing a lot of problems.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 5700XT Evoke + UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
There are changes in DSDT on newest BIOS revisions from different manufacturers, Gigabyte, ASUS, MSI.
So don't upgrade BIOS!
Maybe Solution could be to store a DSDT from older BIOS and configure Clover to use it instead of new one.
Maybe someone can try this and confirm if working.

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME B360M-A
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 580 8gb
There are changes in DSDT on newest BIOS revisions from different manufacturers, Gigabyte, ASUS, MSI.
So don't upgrade BIOS!
Maybe Solution could be to store a DSDT from older BIOS and configure Clover to use it instead of new one.
Maybe someone can try this and confirm if working.
It's fine to update to the newest ASUS BIOS, there is just a new setting that you have to disable. Solution was found in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ver-2012-not-downgrading.273151/#post-1926710