Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello fellas
I installed Big Sur a while ago and all is working well. I use wifi from a USB wifi card which is TP-Link WN823n v2. It has native support to macOS with TP-Link's driver. I have it all installed and working well, but the icons in the menu bar are like from the Windows XP:geek: so I would like know the path for where macOS Big Sur's real wifi icons are located. If I find the icons, I can replace them with the original icons in the driver and make it look like native apple wifi. Any help is appreciated.

Hello fellas
I installed Big Sur a while ago and all is working well. I use wifi from a USB wifi card which is TP-Link WN823n v2. It has native support to macOS with TP-Link's driver. I have it all installed and working well, but the icons in the menu bar are like from the Windows XP:geek: so I would like know the path for where macOS Big Sur's real wifi icons are located. If I find the icons, I can replace them with the original icons in the driver and make it look like native apple wifi. Any help is appreciated.
TP-Link's wireless ulitity icons are located under /Library/Application Support/WLAN/StatusBarApp.app/Contents/Resources. I did modify the icons a few years ago when I had a similar USB wifi adapter.

Thanks a lot. I'll try it. I know that the TPlink icons are there, but I mean the original ones from macOS Big Sur. The ones apple originally ship with macOS.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. I'll try it. I know that the TPlink icons are there, but I mean the original ones from macOS Big Sur. The ones apple originally ship with macOS.
Those should be located under /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreWLANKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assets.car. Open the file using the Asset Catalog Tinkerer program.

Ooh Yeah thank you bro!! I found them there and now I can finally get rid of that stupid icon set and add my new ones!!:headbang:

Hello fellas
Hi, I also want to change the wi-fi icon in macOS Big Sur, but so far I can't. Have you been able to change the icon ? If you did, can you tell me how to do it ?

grab my big sur wifi icons here:https://github.com/ichelash/bigsur/releases/tag/v3

Replace your current icons with those.. enjoy

Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 01.08.24.png

grab my big sur wifi icons here:https://github.com/ichelash/bigsur/releases/tag/v3

Replace your current icons with those.. enjoy

View attachment 514737
Thank you! This is the best I've found so far. But do you have a complete collection of all big sur wi-fi icons? I mean the icons with scales showing the signal level ? I found all the icons in the system, but I cannot adapt them to the menu bar. They are in the path:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreWLANKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assets.car

or

/System/Library/CoreServices/ControlCenter.app/Contents/Resources/Assets.car

opened with this program https://github.com/insidegui/AssetCatalogTinkerer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back