Contribute
Register

MacOS Big Sur on Legacy system

Status
Not open for further replies.
[U]CrashMidnick[/U] ihave use youer efi to go to set up but my sim bios is mac pro6.1 it download but in remanig 1 min it restart and I have breboot but it stuch in loop restart ihave dell980 legacy
1st gen clarck dale proceesor
what can I do
sorrii don under stand whatyo reall talk abot somuh

I am not sure to understand what you did. Can you please explain step by step ?

On legacy systems it seems very difficult to update from a working Catalina system, I needed to update mine with a UEFI system first.

Do you have a link of your computer specs ?
I just make my usb from catalina and replace efi eith youer and restart my pc and install begein but my pc restart in 10min remaing I choice sim bios is mack pro6.1

I just make my usb from catalina and replace efi eith youer and restart my pc and install begein but my pc restart in 10min remaing I choice sim bios is mack pro6.1

so you are trying to update Catalina = boot loop after the first reboot. As said before, it seems impossible to update with a legacy system (most of them). You need to update from another hackintosh or real Mac with UEFI or VM then connect your HDD back to your legacy system.

Last edited:
If your specs are as your profile, do they really work for Catalina? For me a pre-Nehalem platform with a pre-GCN card could work for up to Sierra only.

If your specs are as your profile, do they really work for Catalina? For me a pre-Nehalem platform with a pre-GCN card could work for up to Sierra only.
You can get big sur working as long as you got sse4.1 processor and compatible dGPU. My X5460 or some core2duo CPU’s are working like a charm.

You can get big sur working as long as you got sse4.1 processor and compatible dGPU. My X5460 or some core2duo CPU’s are working like a charm.
I know but his/hers is HD 5450.

i install big sur on my LGA 775
i have ps2 mouse and keyboard and use ps2/usb

for fix bug usb/keyboard in big sur
i add "-s" to boot clover and go to single mode then type "exit"
after login to installer or mac big sur mouse/keyboard wor

after login to installer or mac big sur mouse/keyboard work
Thank you sir
I am stucked in this keyboard mouse problem from past 5 days I spent whole night to figure it out but no luck.
in my g41 tmlx build.

after login to installer or mac big sur mouse/keyboard wor

after login to installer or mac big sur mouse/keyboard work
Thank you sir
I am stucked in this keyboard mouse problem from past 5 days I spent whole night to figure it out but no luck.
in my g41 tmlx build.
Thanks for your advice, my keyboard and mouse work really well now, but there's still an hiccup in all this thing, when I try to install MacOS Big Sur, after I get to the usb installer and get past the first stage of the installation, I reboot on the hard drive, and Instead to have the apple logo with the progress bar and time, I have an MacOS installer windows with "Update" written in it and a progress bar, at this level everything is ok (Catalina was doing this when I've installed it) but instantly it reboots, I guess that's a Kernel Panic but even if I add the debug=0x100 bootflag it does nothing, it still reboot directly

UPDATE
So i've finally got MacOS Big Sur Installed, but last hiccup, the graphics car won't work, Like i Said I have an GT 730 which worked out of the box with macOS Catalina, but here nothing, after passing the verbose, instead of having the apple logo and the UI, i have a black screen and my monitor returning no signal, what can I do ?
I think you have to replace big Sur com.appletelematry.plugin with high Sierra appletelematry.plugin

Hi could you tell me which bootflags you used? My motherboard is GA-G41M-ES2l, GPU GT710 2gb, 8gb memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back