CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! I did have a good installation going on my HP Envy 750-114 (i5-6400, 16gb Ram, SSD), but it became super laggy and weird so I decided to reinstall. I used my same EFI, but have been running into errors all to do with the same thing and I have no idea how to fix it. I have tried rebuilding my .plist multiple times, with no effect. The stranger thing is is my PC is rebooting when it stops, not just stopping verbose. I have attached a Slow-Mo video and a stopping point photo. I should note I am no longer using Intel Wifi - I am using a Broadcom 94360CS through an adapter, although it is unplugged in an attempt to solve the issue. I just have no idea what to do and need help! I am using OpenCore 8.9.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 39
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    845.5 KB · Views: 32
Hey guys! I did have a good installation going on my HP Envy 750-114 (i5-6400, 16gb Ram, SSD), but it became super laggy and weird so I decided to reinstall. I used my same EFI, but have been running into errors all to do with the same thing and I have no idea how to fix it. I have tried rebuilding my .plist multiple times, with no effect. The stranger thing is is my PC is rebooting when it stops, not just stopping verbose. I have attached a Slow-Mo video and a stopping point photo. I should note I am no longer using Intel Wifi - I am using a Broadcom 94360CS through an adapter, although it is unplugged in an attempt to solve the issue. I just have no idea what to do and need help! I am using OpenCore 8.9.

remove intel wifi kexts

do this in Catalina:

I removed all the kexts, although I am running Big Sur. Should I still follow the guide?

I removed all the kexts, although I am running Big Sur. Should I still follow the guide?
yes, you need to follow the USB setup guide

Ok I figured it out. Turns out it wasn’t opencore’s fault at all. I tried to boot windows and map my usb ports with UsbToolbox, but it would still restart before getting to the desktop so i figured it was a hardware issue. I reinstalled my GPU that i had taken out to install the Wi-Fi card, (mind you it’s a gtx960) it booted right up. A bit confused, but hey, it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back