Contribute
Register

macOS Big Sur Does NOT Boot with iMac14,2 System Definition

Try SMBios iMac 15,1

It works on a Dell 7010, i7-2600 (it fit in the LG1155 slot!) Sandy bridge with NVIDIA GT710.

View attachment 507387

It's guaranteed, the cheapest Big Sur build available.
Hi,I have same computer: Lenovo M6300T, i5-2400, Sandy Bridge with GT 640, Intel Q65 motherboard. Can you post EFI folders or config.plist file in here? Thanks.

UEFI boot. I also used native APFS file system as Big Sur has moved on from HFS+. Good luck. It is a very similar config.
Thank you very much! I am try it.

Hello everyone! My system is Mojave 10.14.6, iMac14.2, Asus Z97 A, i7-4790K, RX 580 Pulse, SSD 120GB Samsung. I would like to go to Big Sur. I have now changed the system definition from iMac14.2 to iMac15.1 using MultiBeast. The system was not reinstalled but changed the already installed macOS. Adobe Premiere started swearing at me. And now it apparently does not detect iGPU, and I cannot use hardware encoding. It turns out that I cannot update
before Big Sur? I am attaching a screenshot. Tell me what can be done in this case? Which iMac Option Should I choose? Of course I can always go back to 14.2

Trouble sadness ... switched back to 14.2 and the problem with adobe Premiere remained. This is very bad, I have to edit. Please, help!!!!

SOLVED! The problem by reinstalling Titan Ridge Premiere. Everything works now

I apologize in advance for logical errors in the sentences))

Translated by Google

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2021-05-06 в 18.05.57.png
    Снимок экрана 2021-05-06 в 18.05.57.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
i have installed big sur 11.4 system definition iMac 17,1 and it works great but i can't work with iMac18,2 (default on kabylake opencore manual). The system boots up, colors are inverted and the graphics run slowly. With 18.1 the system is booted, progress indicator , but when the login screen needs to be displayed a black screen (no reboot) appears. I also tried 18,3 but the same as 18,2.

i have installed big sur 11.4 system definition iMac 17,1 and it works great but i can't work with iMac18,2 (default on kabylake opencore manual). The system boots up, colors are inverted and the graphics run slowly. With 18.1 the system is booted, progress indicator , but when the login screen needs to be displayed a black screen (no reboot) appears. I also tried 18,3 but the same as 18,2.

What does your kext folder look like my dude, and have you ran your config through OpenCore to check for errors?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 91
I wonder why it doesn't work 18,1 or 18,2 (default for kabylake opencore guide)
17,1 is a Skylake iMac. You can even use it for Kabylake as there is really no difference between them that prevents you from using 17,1 instead of 18,1 or 18,2.

If you have the time, tell us the parts in your build.
And if you can boot on 17,1 - run your config through OpenCore Configurators config checker.
And of course, not to be insulting but double check you've no kext updates with Hackintool or something

Back