Register

macOS big sur 11.6.5 to 11.6.6–lost bluetooth

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7010
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
I use a fenvi t919 and macOS Big Sur. Computer specs below and to the left. The bluetooth chipset is still supported. I have noticed many users posting about losing Bluetooth when going from 11.6.5 to 11.6.6.

Initially, an nvram reset fixes the problem and bluetooth is restored. Then, the next cold boot after that Bluetooth is gone again. Attached is the EFI I'm using if anyone has any ideas. I've tried re-mapping the USB ports and also swapped out USBports kext with the old USBinjectall to see if it made a difference--no luck fixing the bluetooth yet. The problem persists through 11.6.7 as well.

Any ideas or solutions much appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 98
I have the same problem and does not find the solution, finally restore to 11.6.5 and not upgrade anymore

I finally narrowed down this problem after reading your post I have the same issue. Fenvi T-919, and bluetooth will only work if I clear NVRAM and reboot, but if I reboot again without clearing NVRAM, no bluetooth. Did you ever figure this out?

OpenCore 0.9.0 (also happening on lots of previous versions)
BigSur 11.7.4 (and other previous versions)

I’m actually using opencore in a hybrid [opencore—opencore legacy patcher] set-up to run Monterey on my old 7010 now….
Post-install graphics patching is required to make this work….

It’s only been 3 months, but my current setup mentioned above works MUCH better than Big Sur did on the 7010….. The machine is snappy as ever, all the Monterey features like universal control, perfect Bluetooth, airdrop, handoff, etc. work with the 7010….I’m very happy with Monterey on this machine and post-install patches for graphics.

In short, this is achieved by having opencore legacy patcher app create an EFI folder for Mac mini 6,2, and then from there, we make some adjustments for the 7010…. Most important adjustments are moving the boot loader file into a different location in the EFI folder(needs to be same location as a regular opencore EFI), making sure we have the right Kexts for the 7010, replacing the OCLP generated SSDTs for the Macmini with our custom SSDTs for the 7010, and then making appropriate tweaks in the config.plist.

I was thinking to write a full guide for this, but my home wifi in Japan has been banned by Tonymacx86, so I don’t check the website as frequently recently ….. :(

If you’re interested, I can start a new thread and at least upload my EFI, so you can have a look at it. Some of the master wizards of hackintosh on here may then even give it a look and be able to suggest improvements…..

The basic idea, though, is just to use an opencore legacy patcher Mac mini 6,2 EFI and then adjust that for our machine…

With the reports coming out from macrumors about Ventura working with OCLP and HD4000 graphics, I’ll probably be able to update the 7010 to Ventura using the same approach in about a year. I think that some users have already done this, but I’m waiting until Ventura reaches maturity.

Last edited:
If you’re interested, I can start a new thread and at least upload my EFI, so you can have a look at it. Some of the master wizards of hackintosh on here may then even give it a look and be able to suggest improvements…..
I really appreciate the offer, but I'm using a generically built system from a Gigabyte motherboard (not a Dell 7010), so it probably wouldn't help me. I've solved this problem for the time being by simply deleting the NVRAM keys (actually just have to delete "bluetoothInternalControllerInfo") using the NVRAM->Delete section of the Config.plist. Probably not the most elegant solution, but it works and everything else is pretty stable. Thanks though!

Back