Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z87-K
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
RX 560
Hi everyone!

That's not my first hackintosh build, and I had no issues with OpenCore by now, so here's the problem:
Installer starts from USB drive, it loads with no errors (basically, I couldn't find any of them in logs), and at installation screen I can't get keyboard and mouse working. I've been using USB-Inject-All kext and got no luck. I'm just stuck there.

The build is:
MSI B360M Mortar
Intel Core i5 8400
16 gigs of RAM (in case if that matters)
Radeon RX 580 8 gb
kb and mouse are just basic wired USB keyboard and mouse.

I've attached EFI folder and logs, so maybe someone could find anything there.
Everything loads and works fine, even the sleep mode (got away from PC for about 15 mins, it was into sleep when I was back)

AFAIK, that setup must work just fine, as it does to people on this forum and other forums, so I couldn't google any useful information about this problem. Thanks everyone for help!

PS first time posting, so I'm not sure this is the right forum to post to. sry %)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 668
USBinjectall is in your kext folder but not in your config.sys

you could also try USBinjectall with XHCI-unsupported.kext

Attachments

• XHCI-unsupported.kext.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 1,375
I'm in the same predicament. See the link below for more info...

Keyboard and mouse broken in Big Sur

Basically we need to patch IOHIDFamily but I haven't figured out how to do that and I've only looked at open core for the first time. All my builds have been using clover (and chameleon before that) so this is all new to me.

If someone knows how to add the patch in open core (I'm using Proper tree to edit config.plist) please reply.
I can add single items and change the value, but there's quite a few lines to add and I'm not sure where it goes.
Thanks

I'm in the same predicament. See the link below for more info...

Keyboard and mouse broken in Big Sur

Basically we need to patch IOHIDFamily but I haven't figured out how to do that and I've only looked at open core for the first time. All my builds have been using clover (and chameleon before that) so this is all new to me.

If someone knows how to add the patch in open core (I'm using Proper tree to edit config.plist) please reply.
I can add single items and change the value, but there's quite a few lines to add and I'm not sure where it goes.
Thanks

Hi there.

Are you only on Big Sur 11.1 as per the thread? Or have you updated to 11.3+ ?

If you mouse-click on the small triangle next to the IOHIDFamily note on that page, it gives you a simple find and replace to enter in Config.plist.

However, that is for old, legacy systems. Not yours.

More likely your problem is caused by USB configuration. Are you using a bespoke USBPorts.kext / USBMap.kext or are you still with USBInjectAll.kext and a port-limit removal patch?

:)

Last edited:
Oh, I'm on 11.3 - I didn't see that when I was looking for a solution. I'm using USBInjectAll. I don't have a port-limit patch. How do I do that?

Oh, I'm on 11.3 - I didn't see that when I was looking for a solution. I'm using USBInjectAll. I don't have a port-limit patch. How do I do that?

There is a known problem with Big Sur 11.3+ and USB.

Best thing to do is to create a USBPorts.kext, using Hackintool, to configure your ports correctly. With that in place, instead of USBInjectAll.kext, things should start working.

Got it. I just disabled the XhciPortlimit in OpenCore and got my USB 2 ports back.
Kernel -> Quirks -> XhciPortLimit -> False

I'll setup the USBPorts kexts once Big Sur is installed and configure it all properly then.

Got it. I just disabled the XhciPortlimit in OpenCore and got my USB 2 ports back.

I'll setup the USBPorts kexts once Big Sur is installed and configure it all properly then.
Worked for me, thanks ! :thumbup:

Works for me too! Thanks bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back