Contribute
Register

macOS 13.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problems here. :thumbup:

PS - For those wondering how my ATM is showing different from the norm, it is done by an App called 'About This Hack' which you can find on GitHub. When you click on the S/N it is hidden so no need to use graphics tools to remove the S/N.
1674767490550.png

I could not resist, very neat indeed.
What I like as well, is the support tag, a real delicacy:thumbup:

In that case something is off in the EFI Folder. I have long fallen into the habit where after every clean install or update, I run 'First Aid' on the Disk Volumes and check for errors.

The reason I included SecureBootModel is from personal experience where a few days after an update I was not seeing the message about the released update and was advised to check that setting and change it to Default as Disabled was the Default setting in the Sample.plist.

After making the change, reboot and clean NvRAM, the update notice showed up, so if SIP Integrity is on and SecureBootModel is Default, then I'll say it again, something is off on the system.
My machine runs near enough as a real Mac does.

Everything just works, the latest feature Handoff to iPhone Camera is 100% working flawless in F/Time (BTW 'Center Stage' is a blast where the Camera follows your head movement keeping you central on the screen), Camera Handoff in Photo Booth with added special effects some quite funny and Quick Time works as well as all the other Apple Services but I digress (trying to negate the blunt quote "Neither is true" response).
esafeddie,

I wasn't trying to be snippy, I was just saying that I'm on top of those issues and neither was true. That didn't mean that I didn't appreciate your insight and experience. I do. I do all of the same regular maintenance that you do and the only time I've found an issue with the EFI folder is after an update, but not always. In my case I have to run sudo fsck_msdos disk1s1 when First Aid on the partition fails. After that First Aid says that all is well (until the next update, sometimes). And, other than the fact that I've needed the full update file, my G5 does all that same stuff that your hack does. Keep up the good work. And thanks for the tip on "About My Hack." Great utility!

Tom

@DrTom - Thank you for your kind words Sir. I am sorry I misconstrued your post, it's an age thing with me (ask my wife, lately she's saying she don't know why she is still with me :crazy:). Like I said earlier, I had the problem of not seeing updates because I left that section as Disabled and would have to download the whole 11+ or 12+ GB instead of the incremental download.

That remained so until I posted about the problem and was advised to change that section to Default which instantly solve the problem. I am no Hack expert, I learn from others, begging and borrowing as I go along the Hack journey. Back in the day I learnt from JayMonkey how to configure iMessage and passed on my findings of my experience to help other members.

P1LGRIM is another I learnt a lot from about Dual Booting, there are many more here in the Forums but too many to mention. To this day I am still learning as far as the old brain cells will allow me to grasp and retain so with all that being said, let's continue to learn and help each other as long as we can. Cheers. :thumbup:

This update was smooth, but it broke my SMB.... Or so I thought. I make custom icons for all my drives, and this was the culprit. Seems I'm not alone. If you are having Samba issues after the 13.2 update. Get rid of your custom icons!

This was a real quick and easy update to Ventura 13.2 on my two desktop systems and laptop.
Updated via System Settings -> General -> Software Update - using the small 1.05Gb file.

Install time was around 20 mins on the desktops and about 30 mins on the laptop with the usual 3 reboots.
Booting via OpenCore 0.8.8 + latest kexts.

Z490 Desktop system (MonkeyMac Pro's 2.0 in sig) :-
Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 17.03.57.png
Kaby Lake Laptop (MonkeyBook Pro in Sig) :-
MonkeyBook-13-2.png
No issues with networking / samba / file sharing after the update like some others have reported.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Opencore 0.8.6, update Lilu, WEG and AppleALC and forget to count the number of reboots and the installer's time. Everything is fine. :)

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 18.33.43.png

Update successful. OpenCore 0.8.5 but Lilu and WhateverGreen updated to 1.6.3 versions.

captura-de-pantalla-2023-01-31-a-las-10-38-09-png.562838

Build:

- Motherboard: MSI h410i ProWiFi
- CPU: i7 10700
- iGPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
- RAM: DDR4 8GB x 2 (2933Mhz)
- SSD: Samsung 980 NVMe
- WIFI / Bluetooth: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 3168
- Ethernet: Intel Ethernet Connection i219-V
- Audio: Realtek ALC1200

Status
Not open for further replies.