Contribute
Register

macOS 13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
:ch: Download OCAuxiliaryTools (OCAT):
https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools
:ch: Follow the OCAT Guide:
https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/D_Updating_OpenCore/README.md
:ch: After completing the Update, reboot.
:ch: Upon reaching the Desktop, open the Terminal and execute:
Code:
nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version
Confirm you have updated OC to 0.8.6 or newer.
Thanks so much for pointing out OCAT! I'd seen others mention how useful it was, but it was your post that finally convinced me to try it and I'm glad that I did. This is so much easier than updating Opencore manually. :clap:

I am currently testing my new Z690-ITX mini hackintosh on 13.1 after a brutal update from 12.5.1 yesterday → everything went fine and still going well until now!

OC to 0.8.7, kext to latest using OCAT. The update went automatically, for now, everything is fine.

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 21.48.27.png

Easy update directly from System Settings without any issues. iCloud working fine.
OpenCore 0.8.6 / SMBIOS iMac20,2 / Gigabyte z490i AORUS Ultra (BIOS F21)

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 11.48.33.png

Super easy! OC 0.8.7

Screenshot 2022-12-19 alle 13.23.57.png

Opencore 0.8.6, update Lilu, WEG and AppleALC, 3 reboot. Everything is fine. :)
Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 18.28.12.png

First of all, @Stork : THANK YOU for pointing me to OCAT! This the greatest thing since Hackintool! OMG, so many headaches GONE! THANK YOU!

Second, OCAT updated me to OC 0.8.8. Then executed the 13.1 update from System Settings, and it worked flawlessly. Took a little while, and three restarts as others have mentioned. It did the full 1GB+ update without failure. All appears to be working so far.

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 11.03.20 AM.png

After the update error mentioned before, second try was fine from Monterey. SMBIOS 19.1, OpenCore 0.8.7 and latest kexts. System seems to be working more zippy as in Monterey. One minor gripe (not sure that's a hackintosh thing); unable to get notifications from the Message app.

Last edited:
I installed it ok on firstly my Macbook pro 2017. then on my main hack, this also installed fine, but the one annoying thing is the login screen is huge! at least 2x the size it was. and clearing the NVRam has no effect, this was a solution suggested by a google search. Still no luck.. something must have gotten messed up somewhere but i cant figure out what.

also installed fine on my backup system, no login screen shenannigans on that thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back