Contribute
Register

macOS 13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update went smooth on Dell workstation T7910 with OC 0.8.6
Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 10.28.48 PM.png

Steady as she goes, 13.1 successfully updated.

Real quick and easy update of Ventura 13.0.1 --> 13.1 on my two Z490 systems (specs in sig)
Unlike some have reported for me the initial small (1.15GB) update installed perfectly.
Booting with OpenCore 0.8.7 + latest kext's

WK-2.0-Ventura_13.1.png

Update took about 20 mins with the usual three reboots.

These are two annoying me the most and affect real macs and hack:

If you attempt to do literally anything with iCloud in settings app the settings app just deadlocks. you can't even drag window around without it being a slide show. iCloud utterly hoses settings app.

Also, if you get texts on Messages app and read them, they are still sent to iPhone/Apple Watch anyways because macOS isn't properly flagging the app as in use on device.

No sign of these reported issues on my system, everything running smooth ...

Cheers
Jay

from 13.0.1 to 13.1 without issues. Goodluck guys

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 23.35.09 (2).png

Update was smooth here (i7,2490 aorus master,OC 0.8.7).

However, what was strange is that, when I tried first time to download the update, which was 1Gb or so, it downloaded and then failed to update..then with the second attempt it downloaded almost 12GB, and then all was good.

This was my experience. After the first failed attempt with the small download, the full download updated no problem.

Second attempt success using OC 0.8.6
Notes: both attempts the updater was the 1.12gb version, 1st attempt returned a failed network error of sorts, I did not screen capture it.
2nd attempt was very quick 15-20 minutes max. Seemed like less reboots.
This was performed on a test SSD NvME Samsung Pro with the EFI sitting on the main (daily) SSD.
Will update OC on the EFI now,
EDITED BIT now OC 0.8.7 - all systems go.
1671053661572.png

Last edited:
Uneventful update. OC 087

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 4.07.59 PM.png

Successful update, but already finding lots of new bugs.

These are two annoying me the most and affect real macs and hack:

If you attempt to do literally anything with iCloud in settings app the settings app just deadlocks. you can't even drag window around without it being a slide show. iCloud utterly hoses settings app.

Also, if you get texts on Messages app and read them, they are still sent to iPhone/Apple Watch anyways because macOS isn't properly flagging the app as in use on device.
Not getting these issues either, I suggest checking your EFI folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back