Contribute
Register

macOS 13.0.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 15 minutes to update to 13.0.1 with OpenCore 0.8.6. Everything work perfect. AirDrop, Bluetooth, Wifi, Ethernet.

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 10.33.41 AM.png

Opencore 0.86, all work

Screenshot 2022-11-13 alle 12.09.47.png

A quick and easy update to my test build of Ventura on my Z490 system (White Knight 2.0 in signature)
It took around 15 mins in total to install with the usual three reboots. This was by far the quickest
update install I've seen in years.

WK-2.0-13.0.1.png

System is booting via OpenCore 0.8.6 with the latest kexts, running iMac20,2 SMBIOS.

This 13.0.1 Update fixed the wake form sleep issue I was having with Ventura 13.0.

Ventura is running extremely well for me now, and I will most likely switch to using it
as my daily driver very soon. I normally don't switch until a .2 or .3 point release but
it seems that Apple has done a good job with Ventura during the beta testing this time as
Ventura is both snappy and very stable for me even at this early stage of release.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
So I'm not alone. I had the same problem, it might be because I updated from Monterey 12.6.1 instead of ding a fresh install of 13.0. It's currently downloading the 11.28GB full update. I'll post the outcome in due course. Thanks for your post.

So my experience is the same as @madman1234 - went to update tried the 493.5mb update - nope, installed the full installer 11.28gb to 13.0... Still no 13.0.1, now currently updating on the 493.5 mb version. FAIL.
Error - Failed to prepare the software update. Please try again. Clicked OK....
Now it's installing the 11.28 GB installer again...

I will edit this post with the final outcome.

EDIT / Added bit
I have since wiped and reinstalled 13.0 on my main machine, which I sort of needed to do one day, but still can't get the small 13.0.1 update to install without the OS wanting to update the 11GB version. After having a fair few issues I'm going to sit tight until I can give it a bit more time.
Maybe others have had issues too.
Sometimes I get a bit to complacent with updates and on those occasions this it when it all goes to muck.
I should note - I also had to use my backup EFI as somehow that got corrupted in the process too.
I'm back now on a brand new install of 13.0 : )
Wish me luck.

EDITED bit below

Updated OC to 0.8.6 - downloaded and created a new USB installer with 13.0.1, installed over the top of 13.0. All good now. Not sure why or what happened. See if the next update is problematic.

View attachment 558066
Same issue here. Should I update with the 11GB installer?!

Same issue here. Should I update with the 11GB installer?!
From my experience I'd say yes. The successful outcome was installing from USB. Bit more stuffing around but it worked.

Easy update directly from System Settings without any issues.
OpenCore 0.8.5 / SMBIOS iMac20,2 / Gigabyte z490i AORUS Ultra (BIOS F21)

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 14.37.12.png

I also normally wait a few updates before making the switch to a new release. But on my tests it all seemed fast and stable. It's been a smooth upgrade experience. I come from BigSur didn't ran Monterey. I feel Ventura is running more smooth than BigSur but this can also be due to the fresh and so clean install.

Last edited:
At first some troubles (my fault), then everything went smooth on my build (Aorus Z390 Pro - AMD Radeon Vega 64 8GB). OC 0.8.6

Screenshot 2022-11-14 alle 17.03.27.png

Intel NUC8, attempt to download the 400MB failed, it downloaded then the 11GB file.

Installation took two reboots, everything seems to work fine.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 19.32.29.png

Update went smooth with OC 0.8.5
Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 6.41.26 AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back