Contribute
Register

macOS 13.0.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this fixes some of the bugs and kernel panics that were occurring with the base release. I was on a solid 12.6 system but it’s been a nightmare updating to Ventura so far. Together with iOS 16 it’s been one of the buggiest releases from Apple in a long while.

smooth update on OC 0.8.6.

Took multiple boots, and 15 minutes for a 400MB update !

ven1301.png

I had an error regarding the 500+ MB file and so it loaded the full installer instead. Update went flawless. OC 0.8.5 on Z490 Gigabyte
So I'm not alone. I had the same problem, it might be because I updated from Monterey 12.6.1 instead of ding a fresh install of 13.0. It's currently downloading the 11.28GB full update. I'll post the outcome in due course. Thanks for your post.

So my experience is the same as @madman1234 - went to update tried the 493.5mb update - nope, installed the full installer 11.28gb to 13.0... Still no 13.0.1, now currently updating on the 493.5 mb version. FAIL.
Error - Failed to prepare the software update. Please try again. Clicked OK....
Now it's installing the 11.28 GB installer again...

I will edit this post with the final outcome.

EDIT / Added bit
I have since wiped and reinstalled 13.0 on my main machine, which I sort of needed to do one day, but still can't get the small 13.0.1 update to install without the OS wanting to update the 11GB version. After having a fair few issues I'm going to sit tight until I can give it a bit more time.
Maybe others have had issues too.
Sometimes I get a bit to complacent with updates and on those occasions this it when it all goes to muck.
I should note - I also had to use my backup EFI as somehow that got corrupted in the process too.
I'm back now on a brand new install of 13.0 : )
Wish me luck.

EDITED bit below

Updated OC to 0.8.6 - downloaded and created a new USB installer with 13.0.1, installed over the top of 13.0. All good now. Not sure why or what happened. See if the next update is problematic.

1668211476039.png

Last edited:
A curious thing happens to me... it tells me that it is updated but it is not, in the end I have to go to the appstore and download the system that is already updated and install on top of it and everything is working perfectly, does this happen to someone?

Updated macOS Ventura 13.0.1 smoothly on Dell workstation T7910 (OC-0.8.6)

Attachments

• Dell T7910.png
    Dell T7910.png
    383.8 KB · Views: 41
After my previous experience, I approached this with some caution. Smooth update with OC 0.8.5... got a little nervous once when on the second reboot, it seemed to get hung about 1/3 of the way through... but I gritted my teeth and waited, and it finally proceeded to the third reboot and all is well, although it took a little time for the Bluetooth and WiFi to come back up after booting into 13.0.1.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 11.21.29 AM.png

I have a Macbook Pro M1 Max, and AirDrop was not working in 13.0,. With this update AirDrop is working again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back