Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Apple_macos-monterey_facetime-messages-safari_06072021.jpg
The macOS 12 Monterey Public Beta is now available. Apple wants as many users as possible to test macOS Monterey to provide constructive feedback before the official release later this fall. To participate in the free Public Beta, you must enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program using your Apple ID.

Enroll in the Free Apple Beta Software Program
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

This site will allow discussion of this software and its installation for those who have enrolled. Therefore we’ve added new subforums for the beta where users can post for support: Monterey Desktop Support, Monterey Desktop Guides, Monterey Laptop Support and Monterey Laptop Guides.

If you're installing the Public Beta, let us know how it goes!

Related:

Last edited:
I'd like to say the install was drama free but in reality the installation was caught in a reboot loop after the first reboot until it was pointed out you need to disable SecureBootMode in the OC config.plist. After that was done the install moved on to completion. The B/Tooth was flaky in operation because Apple made a change in how the module is powered I think and consequently sometimes you would lose B/T between Sleep/Wake or a reboot.
Using a BlueTooth.kext from Dortania in a way solved that problem for now I suppose until the next Monterey update.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 15.59.49.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 15.59.49.png
    4 MB · Views: 366
Thanks esafeddie for the info... will try again as I was also stuck in the install re-boot loop.

Also for OpenCore (at least on my Z490 Gaming X), I had to use USBInjectall. Otherwise the installer from a thumb drive would stop at support.apple.com/mac/startup custom mapping USBPorts,kext will have to be redone (much like updating from Catalina to Big Sur). This could be because I was using my front/top panel USB port... but custom mapping is broken.

Last edited:
I'd found updating the OpenIntelWireless itlwm kexts helped quite a bit in the installation, as did changing to USBInjectAll kext and enabling XHCIPortLimit. My HP Kaby Lake laptop is still having issues though (unable to install).

Got it... had to run bar bones OC EFI folder just for the installer part. After that Monterey boots from my usual EFI.
As stated earlier (again just for the installer), had to use USBInjectAll and disable SecureBootMode in the OC config.plist
This is a word and is case-sensitive, set to Disabled if you do not want secure boot
Custom port mapping kext is broken for Monterey and will need to be re-done... I know as my disabled ports are working when in Monterey.

macOS Monterey - Gigbyte z490 Gaming X.png

Last edited:
Please joint BlueTooth.kext file here or link for that ? Thanks
Here it is, don't forget you need to add the entry into the config.plist also. One thing I noticed, at least on my machine, even with this kext B/Tooth enablement is not always automatic (meaning not staying on) you may find you will have to toggle it on after a boot up or after wake from sleep.

PS - I forgot to add, you cannot use it with any other B/Tooth kext in the kext folder i.e B/Tooth injector kext.
Here is the link for Monterey Beta files.

Attachments

• BlueToolFixup.kext.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 330
  • releases.html.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Here it is, don't forget you need to add the entry into the config.plist also. One thing I noticed, at least on my machine, even with this kext B/Tooth enablement is not always automatic (meaning not staying on) you may find you will have to toggle it on after a boot up or after wake from sleep.

PS - I forgot to add, you cannot use it with any other B/Tooth kext in the kext folder i.e B/Tooth injector kext
Thanks a lot, I appreciate for your help so much.

@ BustterMachine - I noticed in the pic you posted in "About this Mac" the Mac model is not displayed it just says iMac, I dare say it's just cometic but I am a little pedantic about these little details, but no sweat man if you're happy it's all good. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back