Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
softwareupdate.png
Today Apple released macOS 12.6.3 Update, a minor software update for macOS Monterey. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the macOS System Preferences pane.

What we know about 12.6.3 so far...
  • macOS Build 21G419
  • Updated graphics, audio drivers
  • Install macOS Monterey App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Monterey from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Monterey App can be found in the Applications folder.
macOS Monterey 12.6.3 — Restart Required

This update provides important security updates and is recommended for all users.

For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222

Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS 12.6.2 Update
macOS 12.6.1 Update
macOS 12.6 Update
macOS 12.5.1 Update
macOS 12.5 Update
macOS 12.4 Update
macOS 12.3.1 Update
macOS 12.3 Update
macOS 12.2.1 Update
macOS 12.2 Update
macOS 12.1 Update
macOS 12.0 Monterey is Now Available From the Mac App Store
Update Directly to macOS Monterey
How to Create a macOS Monterey Public Beta Installation USB
tonymacx86 Clover Theme (Updated for Monterey)
Introducing the macOS Monterey Critter!

Last edited:
Please post help requests in the Monterey Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Pre Update Notes
:
- This update may break some of your Monterey functions. Make sure you backup first. :thumbup:

Note: Before you update, make sure your USB ports are properly mapped. I recommend you use this procedure:

Here's the step by step way to update OC:
- Make sure you use the latest versions of the Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

:ch:
Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;

Update to the latest Clover or OpenCore 0.8.8 or newer.
See the tonymacx86 Clover Builds (in Download menu) to update Clover. To update your OpenCore, see this guide. To convert from Clover to Open Core, see this guide.
:ch: Download OCAuxiliaryTools (OCAT):
https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools
:ch: Follow the OCAT Guide:
https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/D_Updating_OpenCore/README.md
:ch: After completing the Update, reboot.
:ch: Upon reaching the Desktop, open the Terminal and execute:
Code:
nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version
Confirm you have updated OC to 0.8.6 or newer.

Download the Monterey 12.6.3. Update from Apple's Mac App Store using System Preferences > Software Update, and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.
Note: Update will reboot three times; each time Clover/OpenCore picks the correct boot partition. So, sit back and relax. The update takes 3 reboots and ~30 minutes to complete.​

Done! So far, another easy update!
:thumbup:

Please post help requests in the Monterey Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

all good with 0.8.8, dell 7590

No problem updating from System Preferences>Software Update
Open Core 0.8.0
Dell Optiplex 9020
Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 17.02.09.png

Smooth update via Software update. OC 0.8.7
Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 14.11.44.png

Hello everyone,
just performed the update to 12.6.3 on my DELL XPS 15-9570, after backing up with Super Duper (in case of failure).
Three reboots as usual for a total time of 33:40.

So far so good.
Bye.
Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 12.27.02 copy.png

Update now done. Updated from oc 0.86 to the latest OC using OCat first, just to be on the safe side. Install went perfectly.

i7 Ivy bridge and Nitro+ RX580

I successfully updated my PowerMac G5 Red "Big Mac" to Monterey 12.6.3 and Opencore 0.8.8. :) I just got Big Mac up and running again with a Gigabyte GA-B85m-DS3H-A replacement motherboard. All is good.

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 2.39.19 PM.png

IMG_3468.jpeg

That's not going to affect the radeon 7970?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back