Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
softwareupdate.png
Today Apple released macOS 12.4 Update, a major software update for macOS Monterey. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the macOS System Preferences pane.
Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 1.40.42 PM.png
What we know about 12.4 so far...
  • macOS Build 21F79
  • Updated graphics, audio drivers
  • Install macOS Monterey App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Monterey from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Monterey App can be found in the Applications folder.
macOS Monterey 12.4 — Restart Required

macOS Monterey 12.4 includes enhancements to Apple Podcasts and bug fixes:

• Apple Podcasts includes a new setting to limit episodes stored on your Mac and automatically delete older ones
  • Support for Studio Display Firmware Update 15.5, available as a separate update, refines camera tuning, including improved noise reduction, contrast, and framing
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222

Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS 12.3.1 Update
macOS 12.3 Update
macOS 12.2.1 Update
macOS 12.2 Update
macOS 12.1 Update
macOS 12.0 Monterey is Now Available From the Mac App Store
Update Directly to macOS Monterey
How to Create a macOS Monterey Public Beta Installation USB
tonymacx86 Clover Theme (Updated for Monterey)
Introducing the macOS Monterey Critter!

Please post help requests in the Monterey Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Pre Update Notes
:
- This update may break some of your Monterey functions. Make sure you backup first. :thumbup:

Note: Before you update, make sure your USB ports are properly mapped. I recommend you use this procedure:

Here's the step by step way to update OC:
- Make sure you use the latest versions of the Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

:ch:
Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;

Update to the latest Clover or OpenCore 0.8.0.
See the tonymacx86 Clover Builds (in Download menu) to update Clover. To update your OpenCore, see this guide. To convert from Clover to Open Core, see this guide.
:ch: Download OCAuxiliaryTools (OCAT):
https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools
:ch: Follow the OCAT Guide:
https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/D_Updating_OpenCore/README.md
:ch: After completing the Update, reboot.
:ch: Upon reaching the Desktop, open the Terminal and execute:
Code:
nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version
Confirm you have updated OC to 0.8.0.

Download the Monterey 12.4 Update from Apple's Mac App Store using System Preferences > Software Update, and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.
Note: Update will reboot three times; each time Clover/OpenCore picks the correct boot partition. So, sit back and relax. The update takes 3 reboots and ~30 minutes to complete.​

Done! So far, another easy update!
:thumbup:

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 3.31.04 PM.png

Please post help requests in the Monterey Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

updated without an issue (OC 0.8.0) but still have that thing where AirPods Pro won't stream music from Music app though... ah well :)

Last edited:
I am assuming it is exactly the same as the RC rolled out last Tuesday!!??
Yes it's the same build. No apparent issues on my 300 Series system running latest Clover:

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 2.13.23 PM.png

Yes it's the same build. No apparent issues on my 300 Series system running latest Clover:
Thanks - I see you're still with Clover, not that there is anything wrong with that as it is still a very strong contender as a very good Boot Loader. With that being said, I left Clover behind quite a while now and I have to confess, for me the transition from Clover to OC was a mine field of multiple failures that had me constantly running back to Clover.

It was only shear bloody mindedness and determination that got me over the OC hurdle so much so that I never looked back at Clover to use as a Boot Loader. I still follow the various Clover threads and developement just incase.:)

Updated without any issues. Running OpenCore 0.8.0

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 2.37.13 PM.png

MSI PRO Z690 reporting in.

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 4.49.27 PM.png

Complete success, still on Clover. So pleased with the ease. Updated from 12.3.1, all fully automated.
Clover 5146 and up to date kexts.
I have been building and testing OC EFI's and they have worked. But I like the Clover boot screen, and haven't taken the trouble to try to pretty up OC. And every time I try OC, Apple cloud freaks out, thinking I am a new machine, so I try to leave the network disconnected in those trials. Anyway, all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back