Contribute
Register

macOS 12.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After update 12.3 everything works fine, tested for an afternoon. Even in FCPX, Apple's call to Metal on 6600xt is more efficient.
838D00A6-CF93-498F-9A96-741CDC689572.png

There was no problem updating and all seemed well. However, beware, I think there is a speed problem with the PCIE BUS. My speed tests were all 1/2 of what they should be on all my built in drives. My Western Digital SN 850 which usually runs at 5700 MB/sec was running at 2500 MB/sec. After much trouble shooting which gave me a lot of extra work, I found that if I use my 12.2.1 backup, all the drive speed tests were normal on the built in drives. I duplicated these tests multiple times. Using Casey's 0.7.8 EFI. It seems like there is a problem with 12.3. On my MacBook Pro M1, there was no such problem.

Untitled.jpg

UPDATED from 12.2.1 to 12.3 without problem from System Preferences \ Software Update ...

My system data:
MB: Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 9​
CPU: Intel Core X299 10980XE 18core 36thread (Cascade Lake)​
GPU: Radeon Vega Frontier 16GB​
RAM: 64GB DDR4​
SSDS: Samsung 850, 960, 970, 980 pro​
WIFI: Fenvi T919​
BOOT: Open Core: 0.7.6 - MacPro7.1​

I can confirm this 12.3 update breaks compatibility with 6800 XT (which seems to be also on real Mac Pros and eGPUs) as previously reported. Nerfed performances causing glitches and instability. Update went fine on OC 0.7.9 + 9980xe + 6800XT
Schermata 2022-03-16 alle 16.33.35.png

Snow Flake updated!, no drama, couple of restarts and back to desktop!. Haven't noticed any odd behavior from my RX 580, benching around the same number.
Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 12.03.20 PM.png

Last edited:
There was no problem updating and all seemed well. However, beware, I think there is a speed problem with the PCIE BUS. My speed tests were all 1/2 of what they should be on all my built in drives. My Western Digital SN 850 which usually runs at 5700 MB/sec was running at 2500 MB/sec. After much trouble shooting which gave me a lot of extra work, I found that if I use my 12.2.1 backup, all the drive speed tests were normal on the built in drives. I duplicated these tests multiple times. Using Casey's 0.7.8 EFI. It seems like there is a problem with 12.3. On my MacBook Pro M1, there was no such problem.
I restored my backup and reinstalled 12.2.1 on the SN850 ssd. Everything is fine now. PCIE speeds are normal. I would not install 12.3 and wait for the 12.3.1!!

Dell Latitute 3400 updated fine here, latest opencore version.

Captura de Tela 2022-03-16 às 15.01.32.png

Well, I had lots of drama... updated seemed to fail and brick my system. I tried all manner of things to get back in, until someone in another thread recommended making a slight change to my boot args. Once I figured out how to do that in Windows (THAT wasn't easy), I rebooted right back into 12.3. So, all's well that ends well, as this English dude once wrote...

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 1.38.29 PM.png

I didn't try anything for now, but this 12.3 update finally broke my intel i225V onboard LAN, using a realtek PCIE LAN with kext now.
So it took a long time, lots of reboot until I understand that I need to disable the onboard LAN (which already give me pain before).
(edit) changing bootarg from : dk.e1000=0 to : e1000=0 Make the onboard nic work again.
Geekbench result for graphic are worst than in catalina. That's a shame with monterey it was working way better.
(edit) my GPU is now hotter that ever from just looking at streaming video.....

Everything else is working fine.

In the end, I think I will go back to windows in some time. With this every year "big" system update, Apple is really boring.
They make a lot of money with their Appstore since lots of apps "need" to be update to be validate. But that's all there is to it. I also own a real macbook pro, and some professional editors can't follow that urge to update.

I think no one need that rhythm. Especially when you use your gear to work.
You will need more time to make all your thing works than actually using them! (windows old style)

Last edited:
It took two install attempts, a fresh install of 12.2.1, an application of the boot-arg fix and another attempt to upgrade. Which worked. Yuudachi now runs 12.3. And FaceTime works for the first time since Big Sur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back