Contribute
Register

macOS 12.3 Update Causes Problems for 5700/6800/6900 Graphics Cards

tnx for answ..:)))

i ask for that ..

I see! Thanks for catching that!

“device_id” should be “device_type”

I’ll change it, but I hope people are updating to 12.3.1 instead of doing the framebuffer injections.

I see! Thanks for catching that!

“device_id” should be “device_type”

I’ll change it, but I hope people are updating to 12.3.1 instead of doing the framebuffer injections.
:)

and what i do

device_type: ATY,CarswellParent
or
device_type: BF730000
or
device_id: BF730000

mz GPU is radeon rx6900xt

:)

and what i do

or
device_type: BF730000
or
device_id: BF730000

mz GPU is radeon rx6900xt

@Sebseb82 :

What @etorix said.

Apple fixed the issue with the 12.3.1 update. I wouldn't mess around with the framebuffer injection. My GB scores are consistently better than any tweaking I did under the 12.3, with the framebuffer, with/without sPPT, with/without the SSDT.

If you insist though, if you have a 6900XT, you need to use the framebuffer injection with:

device_type string ATY,CarswellParent

It's all in the code that was supplied in the post.

If you have an 6900XTXH and you have the spoof installed, then you will also need to keep

device-id data BF730000

@Sebseb82 :

What @etorix said.

Apple fixed the issue with the 12.3.1 update. I wouldn't mess around with the framebuffer injection. My GB scores are consistently better than any tweaking I did under the 12.3, with the framebuffer, with/without sPPT, with/without the SSDT.

If you insist though, if you have a 6900XT, you need to use the framebuffer injection with:

device_type string ATY,CarswellParent

It's all in the code that was supplied in the post.

If you have an 6900XTXH and you have the spoof installed, then you will also need to keep

device-id data BF730000
Tnx..

what is better if create ssdt (met. 2) or in config.plist ( met. 1) add about GPU if you look link down

Tnx..

what is better if create ssdt (met. 2) or in config.plist ( met. 1) add about GPU if you look link down

I'm not sure what the person is trying to do in the video (I don't understand spanish). It looks like he is trying to inject the framebuffers. If that's what he is trying to do, then the answer to your question is "neither."

The best thing to do is to update to 12.3.1.

What are you trying to do?

Last edited:
What you suggested.. update on 12.3.1…
only what i want is to undr. what he was doing

first i need cfg lock disa. And than i can update… tnx four your time and education

What you suggested.. update on 12.3.1…
only what i want is to undr. what he was doing

first i need cfg lock disa. And than i can update… tnx four your time and education

I see...

I didn't watch the whole video, but if he is showing how to inject the framebuffers via an SSDT or via the config.plist, the config.plist is easier. The SSDT will require you to specify the ACPI path to your video card. This is generally pretty straightforward to do, but it's easier if you start with a working SSDT that you can modify. Also, some systems have a pretty complicated path.

In your situation, I would try to figure out the CFG lock. In general it is better to have it unlocked for system stability. I've heard that the macOS needs to write to that register under normal operation.

Back