Contribute
Register

macOS 12.3 Update Causes Problems for 5700/6800/6900 Graphics Cards

Thanks! I’ll at least just comment it out for now (which you do by putting hashtag in front of the parent “PCI” line, right?)
Probably cleaner to just backup config first, remove the stuff you don't need after. it won't break boot unless you actually mess up the XML. but you should always have a USB backup of opencore or clover anyways for that reason as well that can always get you back up in worst case.

The macOS 12.3.1 Update was recently made available, does anyone know if the update fixes the graphic issues introduced in 12.3?

Just made the update (12.3.1), the GPU is now back to normal on Geekbench GPU metal score, without the framebuffer patch!

~160,000 with my Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 XT

The macOS 12.3.1 Update was recently made available, does anyone know if the update fixes the graphic issues introduced in 12.3?
Yes. Also remove the mod your made for 12.3.

Yes. Also remove the mod your made for 12.3.

Confirmed. The device property injection are not needed anymore (AMD RADEON 5700 XT)

NeatBench
Best combination: GPU only (AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT): 30.1 frames/sec

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 10.55.35 AM.png

Hi Tedyun, well I tried to update my MacOS and it says that everything is up to date when I only have 12.3. I know that we're up to 12.3.1 now. I think you may have made that adjustment so when I go to my Apple icon and go to About this Mac and click Software Updates that is "should" give me the updates, but you mentioned that something in my config.plist file needed to be adjusted. Could it be something else that is causing me not to be able to update my OS? Let me know please thank you.

Updated to 12.3.1. Graphics are now working without device property addition. GeekBench back to pre 12.3 scores. Happy.

AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB
Ryzen 5 3600 XT

Hi Tedyun, well I tried to update my MacOS and it says that everything is up to date when I only have 12.3. I know that we're up to 12.3.1 now. I think you may have made that adjustment so when I go to my Apple icon and go to About this Mac and click Software Updates that is "should" give me the updates, but you mentioned that something in my config.plist file needed to be adjusted. Could it be something else that is causing me not to be able to update my OS? Let me know please thank you.
Are you logged into iCloud? If so, be patient as the Apple servers might be loaded. My update didn't show up in SysPref > Software Update for a day after it was released.

If you're not logged into iCloud, do so and be patient.

Another way is to get the installer app from https://mrmacintosh.com/macos-12-monterey-full-installer-database-download-directly-from-apple/

I also had same issue earlier.

I changed Misc-->Security-->SecureBootModel to Default from Disabled.

After this change in config file, I got the automatic updates in SysPref.

Last edited:
Are you logged into iCloud? If so, be patient as the Apple servers might be loaded. My update didn't show up in SysPref > Software Update for a day after it was released.

If you're not logged into iCloud, do so and be patient.

Another way is to get the installer app from https://mrmacintosh.com/macos-12-monterey-full-installer-database-download-directly-from-apple/
Thank you. I will wait and see what happens. By the way how long should I have to wait for this? Lastly, thank for this web link. I will save it for future use. Very helpful. I found another MacOS Blogger out there, but he takes sometimes up to two to three weeks before he updates his site with all the details with the updates and what included in the new MacOS updates. I guess that's why he takes that long, because he like to break down the minutia of what's included in all these updates when they happen. Honestly, I would just prefer what you just provided and just figure out the updated info later if I need to know that. Again, thanks for the link!

Last edited:
Back