Contribute
Register

macOS 12.3 Update Causes Problems for 5700/6800/6900 Graphics Cards

Currently 12.3.1 isn't available to everyone yet. don't know why. Heck my legit MacBook Pro M1 Max doesn't have update yet. It keeps saying 12.3 is latest.

I went ahead and unenrolled and it said I wasn't enrolled so I guess that's that...
Enable SIP, if is disabled, reboot and try again.

Currently 12.3.1 isn't available to everyone yet. don't know why. Heck my legit MacBook Pro M1 Max doesn't have update yet. It keeps saying 12.3 is latest.
Me, too. My MacBook Pro M1 is showing no update. I guess we're in a hurry up and wait time period.

Update: My MacBook Pro has now received the update. So, patience is required. Sigh.

Me, too. My MacBook Pro M1 is showing no update. I guess we're in a hurry up and wait time period.

Update: My MacBook Pro has now received the update. So, patience is required. Sigh.
Ok, it literally just popped up. I suppose they release it according to time zones...sheeesh

Confirmed, this patch fixed all GPU problems.

yes confirmed EGPU RX 5700 XT Nuc 10 Mac mini 8,1

Ok, it literally just popped up. I suppose they release it according to time zones...sheeesh
not time zones, wouldn't explain why one mac got it 30 min later than other one, but my M1 max eventually got it too. i imagine it's just staged rollout for sake of the servers.

Now that 12.3.1 update has fixed the GPU problems, should I leave in or remove the framebuffer injection?
You'll probably have better power management and fan operation by removing it, although it may lower geekbench score because of the fact it fixes power management (although i don't think it actually lowers real world performance any)

You'll probably have better power management and fan operation by removing it, although it may lower geekbench score because of the fact it fixes power management (although i don't think it actually lowers real world performance any)
Thanks! I’ll at least just comment it out for now (which you do by putting hashtag in front of the parent “PCI” line, right?)

Back