Contribute
Register

macOS 12.3 Update Causes Problems for 5700/6800/6900 Graphics Cards

You have two unnamed bridges in the path, and this prevents property injection. And, of course, the proper snake has to go in…
Assuming that there is a "PythonParent", a combined solution with ACPI naming (SSDT-BRG0 template) and injection should look like that:
Can this be used with the RX 5500XT 4GB version as well?

Well, it seems it doesn't quite work, and the ACPI path is build-specific. It's probably best to use property injection from the config.plist if you can.
I had to delete PythonParent as it wasn't launching and kept freezing on boot. BTW nothing has changed, and I still can't use @N,name. But, I can boot. Without any device prop.
Back to basics: If you disable the previous SSDT-RX5500XT and use this SSDT-BRG (just naming the ACPI bridges), can you apply device properties from config.plist?

Attachments

• SSDT-BRG.aml
    113 bytes · Views: 47
After adding "@0,name"... values and device_type as on image below the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 1540Mhz PCI-E 4.0 8192Mb 14000Mhz 256 bit HDMI 3xDP gave standard Geekbench results.

But there is a kernel panic after wake up from sleep now... Is it possible to spoof the RX 5700 to some other model also to fix the sleep issue?

Снимок экрана 2022-03-22 в 19.54.47.png
Снимок экрана 2022-03-22 в 20.08.14.png

Last edited:
@milmber - Did the sPPT fix the fan issue?

With the scores, I think there is just variance with GB. A 5000 pt difference is pretty close. I would get scores from 160K to 200K, and it was frustrating to test if the adjustments were making a difference or not. I had to take the average from 10 runs to finally see that the numbers with and without were really close. I think in the end the sPPT doesn't make that much of a difference in performance. I got a small boost, but the difference is so marginal that operationally, it is the same.

If it fixes the fan issue, then it is definitely worth keeping it in. Others have reported problems with sleep, either unable to go to sleep or crash upon wake (mine is fine).
Do you know if anyone has tried the other two Framebuffers besides "Python" for the RX 5500 XT (Boa, Keelback)?

After adding "@0,name"... values and device_type as on image below the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 1540Mhz PCI-E 4.0 8192Mb 14000Mhz 256 bit HDMI 3xDP gave standard Geekbench results.

But there is a kernel panic after wake up from sleep now... Is it possible to spoof the RX 5700 to some other model also to fix the sleep issue?

View attachment 544681View attachment 544683

It's already been posted

Reactions: slr
Do you know if anyone has tried the other two Framebuffers besides "Python" for the RX 5500 XT (Boa, Keelback)?

I'm not sure. I think it's pretty easy to try out using a tester EFI on a USB stick though....

The following addition to my OpenCore config.plist under the DeviceProperties dict works for me on a Sapphire RX6900 XT in 12.3
Curious, why Belknap and not Carswell?
I read many users post that carswell performed better for 6900xt, it's what i'm running on mine and i get 180k score despite being on a coffee lake build that's choking card with pci expression 3.0

Curious, why Belknap and not Carswell?
I read many users post that carswell performed better for 6900xt, it's what i'm running on mine and i get 180k score despite being on a coffee lake build that's choking card with pci expression 3.0

@MysticalOS -- In my tests I didn't see much difference between Belknap and Carswell. I thought there was a difference initially, but I think it was due to some variation with GB and macOS. Someone mentioned that Carswell wasn't the right framebuffer, so I just went with Belknap. In my rig, I don't think it makes a difference. I just hope Apple fixes it so that we don't have to keep using this "band aid" and restores performance back to pre-12.3 levels.

That's fair, I never even tried belknap, because most just agreed on other one and since it worked I didn't fix what worked. Ideally apple does pull head out of butt and fix problem themselves but i'm not holding breath it happening at any fast pace (if at all)

Back