Contribute
Register

macOS 12.3 Update Causes Problems for 5700/6800/6900 Graphics Cards

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-21 a la(s) 8.18.50 a. m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-21 a la(s) 8.18.50 a. m..png
    134.1 KB · Views: 49
My own testing found that this is basically best results to get max performance and stability.

View attachment 544530
The injectors are a must. defining slot is optional but nice to do cosmetically.

Defining Dual Link also seems to matter a bit, and it's not a surprise, any AAPL injection is good because those won't exist on a card without a mac EFI, so making them present makes system profiler happy and also even system happier in terms of dual link (that seems to be a minor performance increase on top of correct frame buffers)

Device ID only if it's an XTXH card you need to spoof. do NOT add this if you do not need to change it

Lastly, device_type seems important to resolve some wake from sleep issues in my testing. The users who are getting black screen on wake might need to add this to solve that problem because without that also being set to correct ATY type, might be why wake is screwed up.

I also agree about not using sPPT. This also seems to cause some sleep issues, for me having these present caused random system wakes from the gpu. no real surprise that messing with card power management....messes with power management. :D

Oh and these were my 12.3 results using the exact above setup of values
I'd like to also add that I only have coffee lake cpu. no resizable bus support and PCI express 3.0.
All 6800 ans 6900 are Dual Link? Also, who know the right sequence of 0A AA AA 00 to be put into a SSDT?

All 6800 ans 6900 are Dual Link? Also, who know the right sequence of 0A AA AA 00 to be put into a SSDT?
It's the same Navi 21 core, so all should be dual link.
Binary data is written little endian in config.plist so it should be the right sequence for a SSDT (same as 0xBF730000 for spoofing RX 6900 XTXH to RX 6900 XT).

Here is a putative SSDT for RX 6800 and RX 6900 cards according to the post by @MysticalOS, but using the Belknap framebuffer since Carswell is supposed to be for a dual MPX module. The ACPI path should be adapted as required, and RX 6900 XTXH users can uncomment a part in the .dsl file to spoof their card.

Attachments

• SSDT-NAVI21.aml
    311 bytes · Views: 89
  • SSDT-NAVI21.dsl
    1.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Why is there discussion about LAN in a Video card specific discussion??? @Feartech

@Kalypso478 Do I need to first flash my graphics card BIOS before using this spoof ? I have a Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT
Why should you flash the BIOS of your graphics card? Good question, I didn't. Merely the property injection added.

Back