Contribute
Register

macOS 12.3 Update Causes Problems for 5700/6800/6900 Graphics Cards

should 6900XT use carswell ? Also what about AMD RX5500 (non-XT bought an OEM from HP).

I am currently using carswell with 6900xt and it fixed my metal performance back to. 198k but the HEIC image decoding is still broken with the artifact in the background.

@rushstrike
How do you test the HEIC image decoding? Do you have a sample image that I can check? I can open HEIC images fine so far.

@rushstrike
How do you test the HEIC image decoding? Do you have a sample image that I can check? I can open HEIC images fine so far.
Open the stock Monterey and Big Sur .heic (in /System/Library/Desktop Pictures) and see if it has any glitches.

@rushstrike

Do you have these artifacts from the Monterey background?
Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 7.16.15 AM.png

Open the stock Monterey and Big Sur .heic (in /System/Library/Desktop Pictures) and see if it has any glitches.
seems to work correctly with preview. My guess is the render process on the macOS background probably has other layers to apply additional filters to dynamically change lighting etc is broken somewhere that introduces the artifact.

Do you have these artifacts from the Monterey background?
View attachment 544212

@rushstrike , @dehjomz

Hi guys, the Monterey background is fine, when I open in Preview, when I set it as my desktop background and when I use it as my screensaver. I have the desktop as dynamic, so I will report back if it changes properly over the course of the day.

@rushstrike , @dehjomz

Hi guys, the Monterey background is fine, when I open in Preview, when I set it as my desktop background and when I use it as my screensaver. I have the desktop as dynamic, so I will report back if it changes properly over the course of the day.
seems like every other desktop background works for me without issues except for the stock Monterey one. I'll just switch background.

seems like every other desktop background works for me without issues except for the stock Monterey one. I'll just switch background.
I had the same problem on mine but found that when I copy the file to another location and select that it works, so I'm guessing there's some caching or something. (I'm using the SSDT though, not device properties.)

Are you using a iGPU less SMBIOS? I had massive problems with those as some stuff is offloaded to the dGPU which it doesn't like at all.
Yes I have to since I am on 12th gen intel . Using MacPro 7,1

Back