Contribute
Register

macOS 12.3 Update Causes Problems for 5700/6800/6900 Graphics Cards

I have moved the posts to this thread

Linked this thread to update post:

So far I have the same scores and behaviour as before the update. RX 6600 XT.
I see few reports of 6600, it seems that 5xxx, 6800 and 6900 are the mos affected models.

Anyone figured out a fix SSDT for RX6900XT?

@CaseySJ has done a little bit of research into injecting the framebuffers into the 6000 series. One of his builds has a 6800XT, so maybe he is looking into it.

Casey, do you know where we can find the Device Properties for the W6x00X?

I'm not at my Hack right now, but can anyone try these kexts that @CaseySJ wrote when trying to get the XTXH cards running?

I'm glad those on 5xxx are having luck by injecting properties, but when i tried to inject them, the amd driver would straight out kernel panic once windowserver/desktop started. my card does NOT like those values. I'll need to wait for someone to come up with stable 6900 XTXH values.

I've had W5700X properties injection in my config.plist (opencore) for a long time. I don't experience the graphic performance problem after upgrade to 12.3 on my 5700XT card. I guess it works similar to the SSDT fix mentioned earlier.

If anyone is interested, search for "w5700x config.plist" in google and first github result has the injection in config.plist. Try at your own risk. :)
Confirm! It works! MSI 5700XT now as W5700X in all apps. It's fun.

And it is more reliable (for me) than SSDT injection.

btw, where did you find that? Where we could learn more about all this parameters (keys, values)?

I've had W5700X properties injection in my config.plist (opencore) for a long time. I don't experience the graphic performance problem after upgrade to 12.3 on my 5700XT card. I guess it works similar to the SSDT fix mentioned earlier.

If anyone is interested, search for "w5700x config.plist" in google and first github result has the injection in config.plist. Try at your own risk. :)
This works like a charm on my X5700XT! Thank you! You just saved me a ton of pain. I had almost made my mind to reinstall a fresh 12.2.1 version.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-16 at 11.47.50 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-16 at 11.47.50 PM.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 83
I'm glad those on 5xxx are having luck by injecting properties, but when i tried to inject them, the amd driver would straight out kernel panic once windowserver/desktop started. my card does NOT like those values. I'll need to wait for someone to come up with stable 6900 XTXH values.
I can confirm if anyone is using RX6800 you could try BF730000 (73BF):

RX6800-properties.png

Searching for this I only find this thread. Could you upload it here?

Back