Contribute
Register

macOS 12.3 Update Causes Problems for 5700/6800/6900 Graphics Cards

With all the people experiencing problems, can you list the monitor(s) you're using, and what is the refresh rate?

I have Dell U2412M's and they are all fixed at 60 Hz
My monitor is a curved LG 38WN95C-W @ 144Hz and the GPU is a MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING X TRIO.

I tried @ 120Hz with no luck.

My monitor is a curved LG 38WN95C-W @ 144Hz and the GPU is a MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING X TRIO.

I tried @ 120Hz with no luck.

Is there an option for variable?

So I did a bit of forum browsing and came across this very interesting comment. Could the slowdowwn issue with 12.3 have something to do with apps permissions settings in macOS?

'Same thing happened with my Mac after updating OS to the latest 12.3 version. Premiere pro was showing playback black. The audio was fine. Turns out the new version had removed "Full file access" to all apps and my files were in an external drive that the Premiere pro was referring to. Updated the privacy setting to give full access to Premiere Pro and it started working fine.'

The title of this (and another thread on the forum) needs to be changed to

... Causes Problems for Navi Graphics Cards​

as My RX 5500XT is borked as well. Setting both of my 4k monitors to "Variable 40-60Hz" makes the chunking much less noticeable but tolerable.

Is there an option for variable?
Yes I have this option available.
My settings is Variable on Preference Pane and 144 Hz forced for the monitor.
I'm using EasyRes.

The drop of performance is noticeable, but I can survive waiting for a patch.
More anoying is X-Plane 11 which crash compiling Metal shaders.

I've had W5700X properties injection in my config.plist (opencore) for a long time. I don't experience the graphic performance problem after upgrade to 12.3 on my 5700XT card. I guess it works similar to the SSDT fix mentioned earlier.

If anyone is interested, search for "w5700x config.plist" in google and first github result has the injection in config.plist. Try at your own risk. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 10.54.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 10.54.18 AM.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I've had W5700X properties injection in my config.plist (opencore) for a long time. I don't experience the graphic performance problem after upgrade to 12.3 on my 5700XT card. I guess it works similar to the SSDT fix mentioned earlier.

If anyone is interested, search for "w5700x config.plist" in google and first github result has the injection in config.plist. Try at your own risk. :)

Brilliant!

Where do we find the properties for the W6900X? Is this in a kext or something?

The title of this (and another thread on the forum) needs to be changed to

... Causes Problems for Navi Graphics Cards​

as My RX 5500XT is borked as well. Setting both of my 4k monitors to "Variable 40-60Hz" makes the chunking much less noticeable but tolerable.
Yes, agree and we should merge these two threads.

BTW, I've posted in the other thread of my experience by using W5700XT properties injection in OC config.plist which doesn't seem to have performance issue for my 5700xt.

Back