<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                AwASWQ==
                </data>
            </dict>
I suppose! :)

also XhciPortLimit needs to be disabled :)
As far as XHCIPortLimit goes, I have not been able to get my ports mapped as it always results in a USBMap.kext that causes the next boot after resetting NVRAM to hang with just the Apple logo and no progress bar. In regards to the two platform IDs, one is for my dGPU and the other is for my iGPU running headless.

@Superbogey

Try this -- I use PlistEdit Pro. OCConfigurator gave me a lot of problems in the early versions. That sounds familiar, where I thought I made changes, and it didn't actually "take" after saving. I think sometimes it helps to rename the file, then after you get the final version, to rename it manually in the Finder. I don't know ... that's why I switched to the Plist editors. The code is more confusing at first but you get used to it....
Thanks, @tedyun I'll give it a try and let you know if I run into any issues.

Anyone else getting kernel panic after adding DeviceProperties with an RX 5700 XT?
The problem happens when the computer is waking up after sleeping.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2022-03-24 às 14.55.03.png
    Captura de Tela 2022-03-24 às 14.55.03.png
    530.7 KB · Views: 48
Anyone else getting kernel panic after adding DeviceProperties with an RX 5700 XT?
The problem happens when the computer is waking up after sleeping.

@fenrrir
Let's take a look! Feel free to post your EFI, config.plist (serial scrubbed) or the code that you used.

Hello!

Did anybody try render in Blender 3.1 with Cycles render engine using GPU?

I updated to MacOS 12.3 and added framebuffer injection to config.plist. Videoсard works well. But GPU rendering won't start (CPU renreding works). Reading Blender logs didn't help.

Hi tucoboy,

I just applied the framebuffer injection patch to your config.plist. If you look in the DeviceProperties section, there is a new entry with the PCIRoot path that you supplied. The patch that we've all been using is based on this information here:

I'm not exactly sure how the technique works. This was based off the discovery that mattystonnie's old method of injecting the framebuffers could boost the performance of the Vegas and early Navis:

The way I understand it is that these patches tell the macOS which drivers to load. I don't know how this is done under the hood. The framebuffer injections worked pre-Big Sur, but then after Big Sur, Apple changed the process so that the injections didn't work anymore. With this latest update, it was like the drivers were loading the incorrect drivers or something. They were loading a driver, just not the correct one. The framebuffer injection tells macOS to load the correct one.

I wish @mattystonnie or @CMMChris would pop in, but I haven't seen them around for a long time. They were the ones that wrote the SSDT or kext for Catalina, so they would understand.

Ted
Thank you for explaining all that to me. I really appreciate it. Now I just hope that whenever the next update comes around, that the injector (that you hooked me up with), doesn't need some other type of adjustment. Thanks again for your help!

I added an SSDT that I had here at the time of Catalina and it solved the problem.

SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml
Just FYI:: On my Z490 build with RX5700XT, this aml did not help with video performance at all.

Just FYI:: On my Z490 build with RX5700XT, this aml did not help with video performance at all.
Just to check: You checked, and modified as needed, the ACPI path in the SSDT, didn't you?

This v12.3 is a complete shambles with bricking Macs with new logic boards, display probs, dgpu egpu probs, external displays connected via USB-C probs :banghead::banghead::banghead:

This v12.3 is a complete shambles with bricking Macs with new logic boards, display probs, dgpu egpu probs, external displays connected via USB-C probs :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Besides the eGPU bugs. My system has been pretty stable. No issues at all after adding device property injection.

Back