Contribute
Register

macOS 11.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not updated my Hackintoshes yet, but if you want a funny story, the update seems to have bricked my M1 MacBook Pro. Have been dealing with Apple support all day. Nice people. Trying to be helpful, but.... it's their box. hahaha.

@Justcurious1,

Seems your not alone :-

Cheers
Jay

No issues at all on an M1 MacBook Air, but had I seen this before I updated I probably would have thought twice before doing so :think:

Yup, my Mac Mini M1 went all kinds of strange when I did the update. Has recovered but is still somewhat cranky. 11.01 was flawless.
Chato was having a bad day. Borked his hackintosh too.

For those of you having issues with 11.1 update not showing up. Make sure to re-enable SIP in config.plist in OpenCore and then reset NVRAM. That fixed it for me.

Addendum: Was able to update without any issue on my Lenovo Ideapad 330s 15iKB from 11.0.1 to 11.1 on OpenCore 0.6.4. Cheers.

Last edited:
Installed 11.01 using OpenCore 0.6.3. Only issue was some USB ports did not work. After port mapping and creating USBPorts.kext all USB ports now work. Updated to OC 0.6.4 and Big Sur 11.1 without any issues.
Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 6.42.55 PM.png

After updating to 11.1, the re-feresh rate reduced to 120MHz which it was 165MHz on Aorus CV27Q
but everything works fine.

Chato was having a bad day. Borked his hackintosh too.

Yes, I have not been so cavalier. My Hackintosh remains on Mojave for now. :)

Yup, my Mac Mini M1 went all kinds of strange when I did the update. Has recovered but is still somewhat cranky. 11.01 was flawless.

@UtterDisbelief and all,

Ars Technica has a good article on the MDM bug in the 11.1 update .. however this only accounts for why many corporate Mac users can not update to 11.1 ... it does not account for the many other issues users are reporting after the update especially those (like yourself) with M1 based machines.

Looks like Apple really dropped the ball this time, it always makes me smile when Apple has an issue like this that effects real Mac's but Hackintosh systems seem mostly unaffected .. way to go Apple.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back