Contribute
Register

macOS 11.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
All went smooth with OC 0.6.4, updated lilu, whatevergreen, alc Audio and VirtualSMC.
All restarts went without choosing any options.

I too had quite some problems with updates from 11.01 to 11.1 on my test computers. On my NUCi3 it did not work at all using OC 0.64, somehow the installer created a second MacHD which was unbootable, leaving my actuall install untouched. Gave up and made a clean install of 11.1 which seems to be working good. To me it seems that there is something in the -update- part that does not work. My friends MacBook Air 2017 became unbootable to, (endless restart) so we had to do a clean install there to. As many other here I don't dare to update my regular computer yet, and when its time a clean install is what I shall do.

Successfully upgrade to 11.1
Upgrade OpenCore, Lilo, AppleALC and WhateverGreen kexts before start upgrading.

Screen Shot 1399-09-30 at 16.52.56.png

Very good, no problem in the install.

updated all good, but still can’t get the purple tint on the intel 630hd

Attachments

• Image 12-21-20 at 1.54 PM.jpg
    Image 12-21-20 at 1.54 PM.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Being too naive and reading only the first 4 entries, and believing in how easy it was, this update became rather frustrating, just like when installing Big Sur at the start. First, there was no 11.1 update found. Had to go to the App store, look for Big Sur, then press the GET button. Then it took me back to some similar System update menu, but it was different looking from the original one. If it wasn't the official App Store, I would think it was some Virus installation. It took about 1/2 the total time before rebooting.

At the restart menu, I noticed "Macintosh HD" pre-selected, trying to be too smart I changed it to another drive with a "better" sounding name, and it became a restoration of 11.0.1 instead.

After learning my lesson, I went back to read more entries, thanks to BustyCat's entry, I repeated the entire process, and this time leaving everything alone (keeping on "Macintosh HD"). It took a few reboots, and the installation went smoothly afterwards. I used 0.6.3.

Lol I did exactly the same thing. On reboot there were 2 Macintosh HDs, instead of laeving it on the one selected I switched to the other one so no update happened. Even worse is had to wait another 45mins for 11.1 to download again, crazy it wasn't cached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back