Contribute
Register

macOS 11.0 Big Sur Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to the latest Beta. Installed like a charm. Working and feeling more and more solid now. This is my first OS with OC and feels more solid than any of my previous Clover based hacks where at least one thing or the other wouldn't work. But with Big Sur everything is working right out of the box! I would already have made it my primary working system had it not been for the fact that a couple of my Autodesk products aren't working yet.

1598034216131.png

PS: The Big Sur boot disc did get renamed to Preboot like last time. Need to install/uninstall the Intel utility again to fix it.

Last edited:
My haswell based hack initially upgraded without any problems, the attachments refer. On completion of the upgrade one of my screens sported a severe pink tint, as it was not recognized anymore as a native RGB monitor. I had to do some serious reading first to enable me to re-apply the necessary EDID patch to the normally read only Big Sur system volume.
Note also that I have chosen the icons, displayed on my Haswell boot screen, to reflect the type of drive the respective operating systems reside on.

Greetings henties

Attachments

• Haswell Big Sur.png
    Haswell Big Sur.png
    99 KB · Views: 397
  • Haswell boot screen.png
    Haswell boot screen.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 408

Thanks, the tip worked just fine, I finally could test BigSur in my Z490+Corei9+Radeon VII!!!, I still can notice a few problems, but Apple Music is working and Movies too, I can see DRM movies and listen to the music, in safari I can watch Netflix in Safari, until now is working good, but still some problems, some glitches, thanks again...

And... after a week, it's OK for me. I changed the bootloader (bye bye Clover, hello OpenCore - thanks dorthania !) and I update with the IOKit Daemon (kernel manager) problem, juste resolved by blindowl. And now everything seems to work except Sidecar (that did not work on Catalina either).

Big Sur Public Beta 3 has just been released. According to the notes on Big Sur Developer Beta 6, this build should include iMac 20,1 and 20,2 system definition support.

Upgraded without any hick-ups.

Attachments

• Haswell Big Sur 5364e.png
    Haswell Big Sur 5364e.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Haswell Big Sur Boot menu.png
    Haswell Big Sur Boot menu.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Skylake Big Sur 5364e.png
    Skylake Big Sur 5364e.png
    285.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Skylake Big Sur Boot menu.png
    Skylake Big Sur Boot menu.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 128
And there's no need for faking CPUID anymore.

No problem updating to new beta here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back